Types of soda

sweetz

I have read alot of posts regarding purchasing a soda card, bringing your own soda onboard, etc. I'am curious what type of soda is offered on the LOS I have read alot that coke is offered, but are there any other flavore like sprite, Mr.Pibb, rootbeer, orange etc offered?

I have read alot of posts regarding purchasing a soda card, bringing your own soda onboard, etc. I'am curious what type of soda is offered on the LOS I have read alot that coke is offered, but are there any other flavore like sprite, Mr.Pibb, rootbeer, orange etc offered?

I was also wondering this for my son...particularly root beer or orange soda? Thanks!

Nope to the root beer and orange....colas, sprite, ginger ale is all that they have.

Thanks for the response! I think I won't do the soda package for my son then, since he doesn't drink a lot of caffeine and would prefer lemonade over ginger ale, etc.

Thanks for the response! I think I won't do the soda package for my son then, since he doesn't drink a lot of caffeine and would prefer lemonade over ginger ale, etc.

Lemonade and fruit punch are generally available for free at lunch in the Windjammer and may also be an option at dinner time. Sprite is a caffeine-free, lemon-lime drink that might be an acceptable alternative to ginger ale or caffeinated soft drinks:) Unless your son drinks a lot of soft drinks, it might end up being less expensive to pay for each soda individually rather than taking the package. You can pretty much compare both ways of purchasing the drinks and figure out which works best for you.

Can you buy canned cokes to bring back to your cabin? Would rather buy several on ship to put in frig than try to carry on.

Your cabin's mini-fridge will have sodas for purchase.

Do they have diet sprite? How much is the soda card. Will they serve you in the dining room if you have a soda card?

Diet Sprite is available by the can.

Your soda card "works" in the dining room.

The only place you will get root beer is if it you are in a ship that has a Johnny Rockets, which does inclde LoS (but RB is not included in the soda card)

Yes and it's goooood! During my April T/A on Independence I also noticed they had Fanta Orange in JR, but never tried it. Never seen Fanta in JR on any of my previous 3 Freedom Class cruises.

Do they have diet sprite? How much is the soda card. Will they serve you in the dining room if you have a soda card?

The soda card "works" basically everywhere. They put a 'cocacola" sticker on your seapass. You just ask for whatever you want and they will ask for your card to verify that you bought the soda package. They give you a larger souvenir cup as well. You don't have to use it to get a soda, but many people like to use it because you get more in that each time than you do in the plastic cups.

I think some people have reported being able to get diet sprite from some bartenders while using the soda card, but I wouldn't count on it.

Also, if you go to Labadee or CocoCay, your soda will come from a 2-liter bottle instead of a soda gun.

• 2 weeks later...
I was also wondering this for my son...particularly root beer or orange soda? Thanks!

I just checked my emails and got this got this in an email direct from a customer service rep at RCI in response to asking what's available:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Please note that the soda package only includes Coke®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®, Diet Sprite®, Root Beer, Fanta® Orange, Ginger Ale and Lemonade and that the following beverages are not included in the package: stateroom soda and water set ups, room service items, bottled water, sodas sold in bottles or cans and juices.

...thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Now, we are booked on FOS 4/3/11 and I put that in my inquiry. Possibly this only applies to that ship but it wouldn't hurt to send your own email and ask!

Happy Sailing!

Jan.

Twice sailed on the Explorer of the Seas and both times I was able to get Sprite Zero on the soda card. The only time I was turned down it was because that particular bar was out of it. They poured it from the can right into my soda package cup.

Diabetic and have to drink diet and can't stand plain diet coke. Sprite Zero is drinkable tho... :D

I just checked my emails and got this got this in an email direct from a customer service rep at RCI in response to asking what's available:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Please note that the soda package only includes Coke®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®, Diet Sprite®, Root Beer, Fanta® Orange, Ginger Ale and Lemonade and that the following beverages are not included in the package: stateroom soda and water set ups, room service items, bottled water, sodas sold in bottles or cans and juices.

...thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Now, we are booked on FOS 4/3/11 and I put that in my inquiry. Possibly this only applies to that ship but it wouldn't hurt to send your own email and ask!

Happy Sailing!

Jan.

VERY interesting - but as I have learned from these boards, take any advice from Customer Services with a pinch of salt.

If they now include the Jonny Rockets Root Beer as part of the Soda Package that would be awesome. I'm intrigued to hear from anybody who has managed to get Root Beer with their unlimited soda pass because, up until now, in 4 years cruising with RCCL, they have never included Root Beer with the unlimited package.

:D

Archived