Ultimate Balcony Dining

Bustersmom

Has anyone experienced this Ultimate Balcony Dining in a Mini Suite room on the Dolphin Deck? I am ok with the exposed balcony issue since I am on a cruise to get as much "nice outside weather" as possible, however, I do not know if I am up for people staring down at me as I eat? Just wondering what everyone elses thoughts were-I guess this would also included breakfast out on this type of balcony. Any thoughts?

We've had an open balcony or half open on each of our cruises. The only time that I noticed other people on their balconies was when we were heading out to sea and during our time going thru the Panama Canal. We've had evening drinks and canapes on our balcony and it was like the ocean was only ours. It's usually even more quiet during breakfast. I love to get up and watch the sunrise over the water, the only other people out at that time are doing the same thing. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

As far as the exposure is concerned, it really depends on what ship and the location of the cabin. We are in a mini-suite on Dolphin Deck aft on the Sun in a couple of weeks, and for what I can tell the balcony is not really visable from the upper decks.

If your cabin in on either the starboard or port side then it might be visable, but unless you are eating in the buff, I don't think anyone would be bothering you.

We plan on a balcony dinner during this upcoming voyage and I would be glad to report my findings. (We may be dining au natural!)

We have had 2 Dolphin deck mini suites, and it was never much of a problem from people above us looking down. They pretty much have to stand at their railing and stare, anyway ---- only the people directly above you can see you if they're sitting on their balcony. Plus, the balconies are generally deserted after dark, or at least that's been our experience --

Has anyone experienced this Ultimate Balcony Dining in a Mini Suite room on the Dolphin Deck? I am ok with the exposed balcony issue since I am on a cruise to get as much "nice outside weather" as possible, however, I do not know if I am up for people staring down at me as I eat? Just wondering what everyone elses thoughts were-I guess this would also included breakfast out on this type of balcony. Any thoughts?
We did the special breakfast in Tracy Arm in a Dolphin mini-suite on the Diamond on a beautiful sunny day--a great experience. Hundreds of people can watch you eat in the dining room or the buffet--why should it matter on the balcony? (and if you want, you can see all of them too!)

Les

As you know they charge $50pp for the dinner. Or you can order off the dinner menu from room service for a $2 or $3 tip. You will have to serve yourself but who needs a waiter standing next to you for dinner. The open balcony seems worse then it was. Nobody spend too much time looking at others. Too much for themselves to do.

Archived