Anyone get a RCCL Survey email?

Did anyone else get an email recently "from Royal Caribbean", asking you to take a 20 - 30 minute website evaluation? I got one and it just strikes me as odd.

First of all, the subject says "RCCL Survey". Why would a company that has their logo shown right on the email as "Royal Caribbean International" refer to themselves as RCCL? I know a lot of people do, because they used to be Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, but is just seems weird that the company would still do that when they've changed their name.

Also, it offers $10 for doing the survey. Since when does RCI offer money for doing surveys?

Then the part that really made me nervous--it talks about some program that "sits on top of your browser and assists you during evaluation" and asks you to turn off pop up blockers.

Is this all legitimate? Have others gotten one? I don't know why it struck me as odd, it just didn't look like the usual emails I get from RCI. Am I just being a nervous Nellie?

I would just delete it. It's not worth taking a chance just over a survey. If it is legit RC can just do without a survey from you, in my opinion. Go with your gut feeling, it's making you nervous so press the delete button. Hope this helps!

Did anyone else get an email recently "from Royal Caribbean", asking you to take a 20 - 30 minute website evaluation? I got one and it just strikes me as odd.

First of all, the subject says "RCCL Survey". Why would a company that has their logo shown right on the email as "Royal Caribbean International" refer to themselves as RCCL? I know a lot of people do, because they used to be Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, but is just seems weird that the company would still do that when they've changed their name.

Also, it offers $10 for doing the survey. Since when does RCI offer money for doing surveys?

Then the part that really made me nervous--it talks about some program that "sits on top of your browser and assists you during evaluation" and asks you to turn off pop up blockers.

Is this all legitimate? Have others gotten one? I don't know why it struck me as odd, it just didn't look like the usual emails I get from RCI. Am I just being a nervous Nellie?

Yep...I got one too......I had the same thoughts as you. I started it but, soon backed out of it. Seemed like more of a way to try and get you to sign up for more excursions on our next cruise. :confused: Strange survey if you ask me.

I got the email this morning and took the survey all the way through. I too was a little squeamish about it not being legit. at first; but what they are asking you do is just go through certain scenarios within their site and then answer questions about the easability (sp) of use. I really don't think there is a gimmick or anything about it. And no it is definitely not to trick you into signing up for anything.

Sounds like a lot of people may have gotten it...so maybe it is something that while not completely legitimate from RCI, is some other company trying to get info for them? Anyway, I'm just going to delete it. Not worth $10 to worry if it may cause a problem with my computer. I wouldn't necessarily have done it for the $10 anyway, I was more interested in the idea of seeing if RCI was designing a new web site. It's always neat to be included in things like that. Plus I'm a little leery of stuff with my computer lately because someone recently hacked my Paypal account and tried to charge a bunch of stuff in Taiwan currency, lol!

I started taking it but quit when it took me to shore excursions and specialty restaurants it says you will be signing up for these if you pick them. I think it is a way for people that are not familiar with the web site to purchase this stuff. Kind of sneaky way to me if it is legit.

I got the email this morning and took the survey all the way through. I too was a little squeamish about it not being legit. at first; but what they are asking you do is just go through certain scenarios within their site and then answer questions about the easability (sp) of use. I really don't think there is a gimmick or anything about it. And no it is definitely not to trick you into signing up for anything.

Thanks for letting us know, at least now there's someone who has gone through the whole thing--and your computer didn't blow up, lol.

I looked at the survey and it appeared to be somewhat legitimate so I thought I'd give it a go. It involved working on my upcoming cruise reservation to peruse shore excursions and stuff. I'm guessing that they are trying to improve their web site design to make this process better.

The survey process, however, was overly complicated. It required coordinating between two browser windows and working on a live reservation. After spending a few minutes on this, I gave up, closed the windows, deleted the e-mail, and decided that $10 wasn't enough for that much effort. :)

I looked at the survey and it appeared to be somewhat legitimate so I thought I'd give it a go. It involved working on my upcoming cruise reservation to peruse shore excursions and stuff. I'm guessing that they are trying to improve their web site design to make this process better.

The survey process, however, was overly complicated. It required coordinating between two browser windows and working on a live reservation. After spending a few minutes on this, I gave up, closed the windows, deleted the e-mail, and decided that $10 wasn't enough for that much effort. :)

Huh - thanks.

That explains it then. I also got the survey and it would not let me complete it. I have two cruises coming up both of which I have already ordered my "Pre-Cruise-Stuff".

g

I just received my survey request a few minutes ago. My first instinct was to just go ahead and do it but then I remembered seeing your post earlier today. I'm glad that I checked here first. You guys voiced some concerns that I hadn't even thought of. I think I'll ponder it a little while before I make my final decision. If I do it later, I'll let you know how it was.

When I clicked on water packages on the RCCL web site. A pop up came up for a survey so I clicked it and it directed me to another site to download there software and I immediately got out of it and updated and ran a full scan for viruses. WHEEEEW! Nothing showed up..

Earl

I deleted mine.

Here is the link to the RCCL Investors site: http://www.rclinvestor.com./phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-IRHome

It appears that Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines LTD. (RCCL) is legitimate for the corporation. :)

Archived