What tour company to do the CHACCHOBEN RUINS with?

jrmoore13

They are awesome! I would book with them again in a heartbeat!

I don't think David used a microphone but he was heard by everyone in the van. On the way to the temple the van had a flat tire. David and company had the problem corrected quickly by having a new van pick us up. These things happen - it's how they handle it that sets them apart from the rest. The rest of the excursion went off without a hitch. If they did anything to speed us up to make up the lost time we never noticed it.

They are awesome! I would book with them again in a heartbeat!

I don't think David used a microphone but he was heard by everyone in the van. On the way to the temple the van had a flat tire. David and company had the problem corrected quickly by having a new van pick us up. These things happen - it's how they handle it that sets them apart from the rest. The rest of the excursion went off without a hitch. If they did anything to speed us up to make up the lost time we never noticed it.

Thanks for your reply!

I decided to email them, and got a prompty reply! They have vans for 10 or 12, they use a microphone, and have a separate guide. He said the vans have a/c, also. So, I've now booked our party of 6 for this tour!

We went with native choice and our guide (who was not David or Ivan) didn't use a microphone. I was in the back and couldn't hear anything. We did ask him if he could speak a litte louder but we still couldn't hear him.

Well, I guess I'll print their email and take it along! There's no way we would be able to hear a giude, if we were near the back of a van.

When was your tour? Hopefully they now are using a mic, if they've had any complaints.

Thanks!

We toured the Mayan ruins at Chacchoben with Native Choice last week and recommend them highly. Our comfortable, air conditioned van held 12 passengers. I sat in the back seat and had no difficulty hearing or understanding anything. Our guide at the ruins was Joel and he did a fabulous presentation. It was the highlight of our vacation and we would definitely do it again. The morning got off to a nice start when we arrived at the shuttle area, as directed in our email, and I mentioned we would be touring with Native Choice. The gentleman who showed us where to wait said, "We've been expecting you."

MorningGlorie, did you do the Ruins or he Ruins and the visit to a family home. We have plenty of time and are debating which one to do. Anyone have any comparison of the 2 or have done the Mayan Experience that would recommend that tour!

Thanks for the info on Native Choice. We will be booking with them just waiting to see which one.

I just booked Native Choice for the Chacchoben ruin tour. I was considering doing the one where you eat with the family but I really like to shop and I didn't think there would be much time left if we did that. I have heard a lot of good things about Native Choice so hopefully everything will be great.

• 3 weeks later...
I just booked Native Choice for the Chacchoben ruin tour. I was considering doing the one where you eat with the family but I really like to shop and I didn't think there would be much time left if we did that. I have heard a lot of good things about Native Choice so hopefully everything will be great.

We the Mayan Experience tour (our group of 9) on Oct 19th and we absolutely loved it! We had an avid shopper in our group--I don't think she missed a single store!--and she didn't seem rushed and felt she had enough time for all of her purchases. They were some of the last people back on the ship but did make it on time:D. We all had a great time and it was an experience we will never forget!

• 2 weeks later...

Native Choice was one of the most organized tours I've ever taken. We were with an 85 year old aunt and since it was a long walk through the shopping area my husband walked ahead. He came back for us and we met the group waiting on benches to board a bus. I was expecting a van, but we all got onto a very comfortable bus. The bus went to their offices where they took off a group of 11 and others got on the bus. From there we headed to the ruins. While driving they explained that there had been a Norwegian cruise ship diverted from Belize and they were accomidating additional people. They took the remainder of the money owed on the bus and gave each person a wrist band to identify which of 3 tours they were taking. We stayed with the bus group for a wonderful tour of the ruins and then were reorganized after the ruins according to which tour we were continuing on. I mentioned my 85 year old aunt, because half way through the tour she became very tired. The tour guide called one of his colleagues to walk her back to the small gift shop/snack area.

It you are in a small van, be sure that you buy some of the fresh pineapple that the locals sell in the village on the way to Chacchoben. It's delicious - last year it cost 10 pesos for a bag.

The locals will come to the driver as you cross the topes.

Archived