Columbia Restaurant~Ybor City (cost???)

JMeans13

I am leaving Friday to head to Tampa for a pre-cruise visit. I have read many suggestions for the Columbia and have looked over their website and think this is going to be one of our stops. My question is, can someone give me an idea of the price range? I have searched the board and all I have really found is that it is moderately priced and their online menu's do not give a price. I am wondering if anyone can give me a ball park on entrees (are we talking $15-$35 or $30-$50 per person)? I just want to know what to expect before I sit down :p. I know the flamenco show is $6 per person and might do that show along with dinner. Thanks in advance for any help :D.

Go to www.allmenus.com then click on Florida, then Tampa and then Historic Ybor City and the Columbia menu with prices will come up.

BTW, The 1905 chopped spanish salad is not to be missed, I could just eat this with the cuban bread and a glass of Sangria and be totally happy.

Have a great time in Tampa and a super time on your cruise. Cari :)

Entrees are generally between $15 to $25, mostly concentrated within a dolar or two of $20 one way or the other. A few items are in the upper $20s - iirc the most expensive entree on the menu are a couple of filet mignon dishes that are around $27 or $28.

Some of the best things I've had there are under $20 (I think the ropa vieja is the cheapest thing on the menu, but it is excellent).

Appetizers run from $5 to $10, soups $3-$5.

As with a lot of places, if you drink a lot of alcohol you'll walk out a lot lighter in the wallet (but the sangria is very good and it's vacation, so have a little of that :D)

Go to www.allmenus.com then click on Florida, then Tampa and then Historic Ybor City and the Columbia menu with prices will come up.

Thank you so much for the link. I am checking it out now. Also, thank you for the review on the HIE in the other thread. That is actually where I am staying pre-cruise and reading your review made me decide I made a good choice :).

Entrees are generally between $15 to $25, mostly concentrated within a dolar or two of $20 one way or the other. A few items are in the upper $20s - iirc the most expensive entree on the menu are a couple of filet mignon dishes that are around $27 or $28.

Some of the best things I've had there are under $20 (I think the ropa vieja is the cheapest thing on the menu, but it is excellent).

Appetizers run from $5 to $10, soups $3-$5.

As with a lot of places, if you drink a lot of alcohol you'll walk out a lot lighter in the wallet (but the sangria is very good and it's vacation, so have a little of that :D)

Thank you for the price ranges. This has made my decision easy.. Columbia here we come!

Another suggestion for the 1905 and Sangria. We love the 1905 so much, we got the recipe and had it served at our wedding:)

Depending on how much alcohol you drink, you can walk out for $25-30pp...

Well I must try the sangria! Everyone is raving so it must be good. Since it appears the dishes run at a decent cost I think we can swing a pitcher or so of sangria :D.

skip Columbia

go to Bern's

if I get within 50 miles of Tampa for dinner time

I go to Bern's

http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/

Dessert room after dinner is a must . . .

don't miss the best wine cellar in the world even if you don't order any ... ask for a walk thru

but if you prefer someone walking on your table . . .

skip Columbia

go to Bern's

if I get within 50 miles of Tampa for dinner time

I go to Bern's

http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/

Dessert room after dinner is a must . . .

don't miss the best wine cellar in the world even if you don't order any ... ask for a walk thru

but if you prefer someone walking on your table . . .

Went to Bern's for dinner last week. The wine cellar tour will leave you astounded....largest restaurant wine cellar in the world and they are happy to show it off.

The dessert room is a nice experience unlike any other....if just for some coffee or dessert wine. We had several dessert choices and were sadly disappointed in all of them except for the macadamia nut ice cream. Not sure what was going on with the pastry chef that day....hope it was only a fluke.

They make most everything on site, including growing their own sprouts for the salads, etc. And the vanilla macadamia nut salad dressing sounds a bit odd, but is fantastically delicious!

Archived