No money for tipping?

Young-Cruiser

good grief. maybe you and your nasty attitude need to consider a "staycation" at home. in case you are not aware, this is a 14 year old who is asking for advise. she, unlike some supposed adults here, does NOT have life experience. so please, show some manners.

as to the OP, negotiate with your parents and get started on some chores. have fun!!

Dittos Betty....Saved me time responding.

Wife and I have cruised at least 15 times including six or seven on Carnival and I don't think we have ever availed ourselves of room service. Having said that, this is the first time I have heard that room service "waiters" are not part of the tipping pool and need to be tipped with cash.

Learn something new everyday, it seems...

Being one of those "I really need coffee first thing in the morning" sorts of people, Room Service delivery in the morning is a very welcome service and one I'm more than happy to tip $2-$3 for.

It's an especially nice wake-up call for Port days as well. :D

Dittos Betty....Saved me time responding.

The "14 year old" is not a she but instead is a "gentle-man" at least that's what he posted on another thread about condoms falling out of his pocket. He's also not a "hooligan" and was inquiring about the price of "Shirley Temples" and "Roy Rogers" drinks and is looking forward to trying them on his first cruise. :D

If your parents didn't budget for tips, then frankly, you shouldn't be cruising. The crew members who make your vacation a pleasant one depend on tips. Like it or not, that's the way the world works. If you don't intend to tip properly, then really, you should consider another vacation alternative, or consider a "staycation" at home.

That's not a very friendly reply to someone who's only trying to do the right thing. Most 14-year-olds I know aren't making the decisions on where and how to take vacations.

The "14 year old" is not a she but instead is a "gentle-man" at least that's what he posted on another thread about condoms falling out of his pocket. He's also not a "hooligan" and was inquiring about the price of "Shirley Temples" and "Roy Rogers" drinks and is looking forward to trying them on his first cruise. :D

Yea, I see that now.:o I'm not sure why I thought it was a girl. But I still wouldn't want my child running around. After seeing the other posts made by op I'm beginning to think I've been had!:rolleyes:

Archived