do they still have a topless deck on Carnaval cruises

mgable

Our first cruise still had the topless deck. My DH tends to wake up early and wandered up there one morning with his book since it was a quiet spot and no one else was up there. Ok, well, he probably wandered for a few other reasons, too. :p He was greatly entertained by the steady stream of men coming up the stairs on one side, realizing there was one lone guy up there reading, and immediately going back down the other set of stairs.

Our first cruise still had the topless deck. My DH tends to wake up early and wandered up there one morning with his book since it was a quiet spot and no one else was up there. Ok, well, he probably wandered for a few other reasons, too. :p He was greatly entertained by the steady stream of men coming up the stairs on one side, realizing there was one lone guy up there reading, and immediately going back down the other set of stairs.

Hilarious!! :D No active participants just spectators passing through.

Years ago (over 10) I would go up there for the view but was cool about it.

Would lay down in a chair and read the same page of my book for about 10 minutes than go walk to the side and look out upon the water and than decide I should look at the other side and look down to make sure I did not trip over any chairs.

Those were the days!icon7.gif

Years ago (over 10) I would go up there for the view but was cool about it.

Would lay down in a chair and read the same page of my book for about 10 minutes than go walk to the side and look out upon the water and than decide I should look at the other side and look down to make sure I did not trip over any chairs.

Those were the days!icon7.gif

I'm sorry but that sounds creepy.

Hilarious!! :D No active participants just spectators passing through.

See, that was always the shifty thing about it. I would go up there sometimes with my wife. There would always by guys coming up, like casually walking around the deck, pretending to have coffee. My favorite was the old guy on the opposite water slide area with binocs!

LOL, it really does.

I mean, if you're up there you're obviously comfortable with it. It was always just funny, because it was obvious who was up there to just be there and be in an adults only area, and the guys who were just there to 'take a peek' :) They weren't foolin anyone!

I mean, if you're up there you're obviously comfortable with it. It was always just funny, because it was obvious who was up there to just be there and be in an adults only area, and the guys who were just there to 'take a peek' :) They weren't foolin anyone!

Exactly. Let's face it.. guys like to look at girls... with or without their top on. What girl hasn't turned around and seen guys quickly look up-down-sideways-anyway other than where they were looking. ;) And let's admit it, it's part of the reason we dress cute. We want our guy to like looking at us and sometimes, yes, they sneak looks at other women. That's when we elbow them. Plus when other guys look at us, we get even. :D It's all harmless.

Exactly. Let's face it.. guys like to look at girls... with or without their top on. What girl hasn't turned around and seen guys quickly look up-down-sideways-anyway other than where they were looking. ;) And let's admit it, it's part of the reason we dress cute. We want our guy to like looking at us and sometimes, yes, they sneak looks at other women. That's when we elbow them. Plus when other guys look at us, we get even. :D It's all harmless.

I, for one, was sorry to see it go. It was always a nice quiet spot DW and I enjoyed hanging out at. I think the new 'adult areas' they are putting on some ships are trying to get back to that nice, quiet adult space, sans boobs.

I, for one, was sorry to see it go. It was always a nice quiet spot DW and I enjoyed hanging out at. I think the new 'adult areas' they are putting on some ships are trying to get back to that nice, quiet adult space, sans boobs.

Well, hopefully we get to keep them as long as they're covered. :D

I get the creepy comments to a point, but are you not making that decision to go topless knowing that on a crowded cruise ship there are going to be those checking you out? If not I think you are greatly misled. Now there is a difference between a guy walking buy and enjoying your beauty and someone stepping over the line.

'Funny you should ask ... we sailed on Ecstasy on Aug. 7-12. There was a woman sunning on the Serenity Deck and she was indeed topless! She was right out at the end of the boat and was laying on her back. Two little boys on the Lido deck above were gettin' an eyeful and two older guys (also on the deck above) were quite enjoying themselves. I wondered if an employee would say somthing but the attendant AND a drink waiter both walked right by and didn't say a word. Just as the topless woman was starting to cause whispers of conversation around me she and her significant other got up, got dressed and left. If it weren't for the little boys on the deck above I would not have taken issue with it but come on, guys... 'gotta remember where you are and show some responsibility when children are around Anyway ...

Thanks for the tip Mona, I'll check it out. If other girls are doing it and the drink guy doesn't say anything I'd be comfortable with that being an unoffical "ok" to go for it. (After the baby, of course. I've already been told to keep my tummy covered til baby is born.)

I would disagree with those advising you, Fran. I always thought my wife was incredibly attractive with a full 8 1/2 month tummy. She always was (and still is) very attractive without the hump also. Probably weird, but I thought she always looked so maternally beautiful while pregnant.:)

And the boobs ! ! ! ! ! :rolleyes:

(what a treat):D

To those who thought that going up to the topless deck to look was creepy I must make a point.

Heterosexual men are drawn to womens breasts. If women are going to show them what is wrong with looking without being painfully obvious about it or making women uncomfortable.

To those who thought that going up to the topless deck to look was creepy I must make a point.

Heterosexual men are drawn to womens breasts. If women are going to show them what is wrong with looking without being painfully obvious about it or making women uncomfortable.

Kinda like "magic magnets" isn't it ? :D

Maybe it was the fact that many of the men up there acted as if they had never seen a topless woman in person before.

I somewhat agree, that those single guys or frustrated married men that go up to the topless deck to google on the topless women does kind of creep me out. I won't even get into the average "quality" of the toplessness up there. GAWD ! ! :eek:

Whenever I was cruising without a wife or gal I would steer clear of the topless deck in order to avoid the "creep" tag that may induce. Besides for someone living in So Cal, the old topless decks of Carnival ships were pretty tame stuff. See more 99% topless women every day just buying the groceries for Pete's sake.:D

Since the demise of the topless deck, I have, on occasion, seen women sunbathing topless.

This has been on the higher decks forward....Sun or Sky?

Carnival employees know they are topless, at least the drink guy does. Nobody has asked them to cover up.

Ummm....that was me. But it wasn't on purpose. :o

Archived