do they still have a topless deck on Carnaval cruises

mgable

If it weren't for the little boys on the deck above I would not have taken issue with it but come on, guys... 'gotta remember where you are and show some responsibility when children are around Anyway ...[/quote]

Wait a minute, so you are saying it is her fault for laying out in the sun, and not the boys fault for looking? Maybe if the boys were not gaulking at her you would not have noticed either.

The real problem is the boys dad(s) should take more time and teach them how to "look" without getting caught "looking"

thought I was going someplace else didn't you!

Nahhh... not wanting to go topless or see someone else topless isn't uptight. imo.

Sounds like a typical, uptight American speaking ;).

My take is that the primary reason the topless decks went away was the minimal amount of use. They certainly figured out that there were more efficient ways to utilize space that was not being used.

As to the "know where you are" poster: Since their are also a lot of international guests on board, there are a lot of countries that have no societal issues with it, so they probably are thinking of where they are. Not a typical American prudish attitude. I could care less one way or another.

To those who thought that going up to the topless deck to look was creepy I must make a point.

Heterosexual men are drawn to womens breasts. If women are going to show them what is wrong with looking without being painfully obvious about it or making women uncomfortable.

So is it better to ask before taking the pictures, or do you just snap away?

or are you only taking pictures of the "Funnel(s)"

'Funny you should ask ... we sailed on Ecstasy on Aug. 7-12. There was a woman sunning on the Serenity Deck and she was indeed topless! She was right out at the end of the boat and was laying on her back. Two little boys on the Lido deck above were gettin' an eyeful and two older guys (also on the deck above) were quite enjoying themselves. I wondered if an employee would say somthing but the attendant AND a drink waiter both walked right by and didn't say a word. Just as the topless woman was starting to cause whispers of conversation around me she and her significant other got up, got dressed and left. If it weren't for the little boys on the deck above I would not have taken issue with it but come on, guys... 'gotta remember where you are and show some responsibility when children are around Anyway ...

Well, if they were breastfed, they've seen it all before..;)

I would disagree with those advising you, Fran. I always thought my wife was incredibly attractive with a full 8 1/2 month tummy. She always was (and still is) very attractive without the hump also. Probably weird, but I thought she always looked so maternally beautiful while pregnant.:)

And the boobs ! ! ! ! ! :rolleyes:

(what a treat):D

Thanks Gary. Your wife is a lucky lady. :) Just wanted to say I love reading your posts (even the ones I may not share your view) because your posts are refreshing and you are genuine, honest and respectful. Love that!

So is it better to ask before taking the pictures, or do you just snap away?

or are you only taking pictures of the "Funnel(s)"

Sorry do not think taking pictures would be the right thing to do.

Besides imho breasts look better in a vertical position than horizontal.

Maybe you should start a thread asking how many males would ask a topless female to get up so he can take a picture for his scrapbook.

Hey Golfadj: I thought you look familiar. Some guys nonchalantly walk up there, look around, go to the rail and look out at the ocean like it is the only place on the ship where you can see the water. We have been on many Carnival cruises while they had the topless deck. (to be honest, they are not frequented by many woman) On one ship, that area had the rattiest, old shuffleboard court. There were four men up there playing. It was amazing how many times they hit the puck too far into the topless lounge chair areas.;) Hubby and I are both okay with it. He laughs at the men who try to take a peek. We just lay out and wait for the reactions or sly glances. It doesn't bother me at all. I am just so surprised how men are so intrigued by breasts. (However, mine are pierced so maybe that is what is intriguing)

We frequent land C/O resorts so are very open and do not judge. Even there when there is a full buffet of boobs, men still look.

I am a topless sunbather whether topless deck or not. On ships without separate area, I corner myself forward or all the way in the back so unless someone deliberately walks around me onto the rail they probably would not notice. NCL actually has a clothing optional deck on the Pearl. We have frequented it on the three times we have been on the Pearl. However, that deck contains more naked men than woman.;) Therefore, for some reason hubby does not feel comfortable up there.

To those who thought that going up to the topless deck to look was creepy I must make a point.

Heterosexual men are drawn to womens breasts. If women are going to show them what is wrong with looking without being painfully obvious about it or making women uncomfortable.

Agreed. In my experience there are three types of heterosexual men.

1) The guys who enjoy openly staring at us, make comments, and unfortunately sometimes even try and touch us. :(

2) The guys who sneak a peek.

3) The guys who sneak a peek but deny it.

I tolerate #1 as long as they don't touch me. #2 and #3 don't bother me a bit.

Agreed. In my experience there are three types of heterosexual men.

1) The guys who enjoy openly staring at us, make comments, and unfortunately sometimes even try and touch us. :(

2) The guys who sneak a peek.

3) The guys who sneak a peek but deny it.

I tolerate #1 as long as they don't touch me. #2 and #3 don't bother me a bit.

Only three?

I have gone up there looking for Cuba on every cruise, but only saw it once.

The female dancers were all up there! I then had to get a better vantage point.

356201.jpg

But, alas, it is no more..... :(

Hey Golfadj: I thought you look familiar. Some guys nonchalantly walk up there, look around, go to the rail and look out at the ocean like it is the only place on the ship where you can see the water. We have been on many Carnival cruises while they had the topless deck. (to be honest, they are not frequented by many woman) On one ship, that area had the rattiest, old shuffleboard court. There were four men up there playing. It was amazing how many times they hit the puck too far into the topless lounge chair areas.;) Hubby and I are both okay with it. He laughs at the men who try to take a peek. We just lay out and wait for the reactions or sly glances. It doesn't bother me at all. I am just so surprised how men are so intrigued by breasts. (However, mine are pierced so maybe that is what is intriguing)

We frequent land C/O resorts so are very open and do not judge. Even there when there is a full buffet of boobs, men still look.

I am a topless sunbather whether topless deck or not. On ships without separate area, I corner myself forward or all the way in the back so unless someone deliberately walks around me onto the rail they probably would not notice. NCL actually has a clothing optional deck on the Pearl. We have frequented it on the three times we have been on the Pearl. However, that deck contains more naked men than woman.;) Therefore, for some reason hubby does not feel comfortable up there.

Sorry do not play shuffleboards so that was not me.icon7.gif Besides piercing does not do anything for me but to say ouch.

When I said that its creepy, I meant the whole "plan" of walking to one side, pretending to look at something, walk to the other side, etc.

Looking at boobs isnt creepy, but intentionally devising a plan to see them is weird. To me its very Beevis and Butthead.

When I said that its creepy, I meant the whole "plan" of walking to one side, pretending to look at something, walk to the other side, etc.

Looking at boobs isnt creepy, but intentionally devising a plan to see them is weird. To me its very Beevis and Butthead.

I don't think you'd condone out and out staring?

Jockying for position is an art.

I don't think you'd condone out and out staring?

Jockying for position is an art.

From a girl's perspective I agree. While "looking at boobs" isn't creepy, guys who openly stare do make me less comfortable than a guy "jockying for position". That's actually pretty funny especially when they stumble or get "caught" looking and they are a bit embarrassed. It's kind of endearing. Even when I catch hubby doing it he tries to make up some story about what he was looking at. "No... I swear I was just noticing the fabric on her bathing suit looks like our curtains." :rolleyes::D I just roll my eyes and grin.

Guess you have to be a guy to understand why we like to look.

Mother nature made us the way we are.

Guess you have to be a guy to understand why we like to look.

Mother nature made us the way we are.

Yep, I still don't understand it but I've accepted it. :D Our marriage is much better with this acceptance and hubby no longer has bruises from my elbow. Now he just gets gentle nudges from time to time.

Archived