Bodden tours

lvcruzers

just did the fun and sun tour with kenny!!! best time ever

favorite port!!! and he was very nice , informative etc etc...

best tour you can get for the price, loved the monkeys!!! they were very friendly...

We did the sun and fun tour for $25. each. Price was certainly reasonable. It was to be a 4 hour tour. Turned into at least 5 hours. I guess you shouldn't complain about getting more for your money but we were ready to get back to the ship at 4 hours.

We toured the island. Not much to see. We were taken to a pretty vista so we could take pictures and buy stuff from local vendors. After that, we went to the monkey place. Monkey's are cute but they bite. Off to the beach after that. Beach was nice. We just sat at a table and had something to eat and drink. It was pleasant there but the rest rooms could be better.

Wouldn't tell anyone not to do this tour but wouldn't recommend it either.

I didn't encounter any monkeys trying to bite but I did have birds try to eat the top of my baseball hat. Especially that round thing on top. Guess I would recommend not having beads in your hair if visiting.

As far as rest rooms, I can understand you thoughts, especially with what we are used to in the USA and on the cruise ship. I do know that the culture is different there and how they build restrooms is different. I especially found this out when I spent two separate trips to the mainland of Honduras some years back. So for me I didn't find it surprising.

Our group had 9 people including one small child. We went on the Best of Roatan tour. It was AMAZING!!! It was everyone's favorite part of the whole cruise. We took much needed supplies to a local school, did some sight seeing, shopped at local stores, went to Victor's Monkey Business (which was SO SO SO fun!), we ended our day at a private beach. The beach was just beautiful! White sand, great restaurant with lobster enchiladas, not over crowded, swinging beds you could lay on. The people of Roatan are so friendly. Our tour guide took us to places which offered great photo opportunities. I would recommend this excursions to EVERYONE! The bus was very nice, clean, air conditioned, and spacious. :o

I want to take some supplies to the schools...can you give me more info??

We did a private tour with Kenny as our guide - he was fantastic, taking us to everyplace we wanted to see, and rushing us back to the ship after we dawdled too long at our last stop. We had a wonderful day with Kenny!

• 2 weeks later...
Ditto!! more info please......:)

We were able to drop off our supplies directly to a school we were referred to by our friends who had been to Roatan before. The company we used was private transportation, so they took us to the school personally to deliver the stuff. We got to meet a few kids. it was really a nice stop for us. Look up Roatan Sunsplash Tours, they are who we used. They were excellent. If you don't have a school in mind, we went to the oldest public school on the main street in town. They could really use your help based on what we saw.

We did the sun and fun tour for $25. each. Price was certainly reasonable. It was to be a 4 hour tour. Turned into at least 5 hours. I guess you shouldn't complain about getting more for your money but we were ready to get back to the ship at 4 hours.

We toured the island. Not much to see. We were taken to a pretty vista so we could take pictures and buy stuff from local vendors. After that, we went to the monkey place. Monkey's are cute but they bite. Off to the beach after that. Beach was nice. We just sat at a table and had something to eat and drink. It was pleasant there but the rest rooms could be better.

Wouldn't tell anyone not to do this tour but wouldn't recommend it either.

That is a bummer that you didn't enjoy your tour. We did the tour this year and it was GREAT! We loved our guide and he let us add a stop at the Iguana Park (additional fee). The stop at Monkey Business was a blast and we had no problems with any of the animals/birds. We have great pictures despite the rainy weather we had. Because of the rain, we opted to skip the beach portion of the tour. We would highly recommend the tour and Victor Bodden to anyone.

That is a bummer that you didn't enjoy your tour. We did the tour this year and it was GREAT! We loved our guide and he let us add a stop at the Iguana Park (additional fee). The stop at Monkey Business was a blast and we had no problems with any of the animals/birds. We have great pictures despite the rainy weather we had. Because of the rain' date=' we opted to skip the beach portion of the tour. We would highly recommend the tour and Victor Bodden to anyone.[/quote']

I agree with you. Such a lovely tour of the island. I think there are some that want to see alot of attractions like on the more developed Caribbean islands. What we loved about Roatan is that it was primarily about the scenery. We thought it was an amazingly, beautiful island

Archived