Bodden tours

lvcruzers

We just returned from our cruise on the Carnival Dream on 5/07/2011. We (group of 4) booked the Zip 'n Dip excursion through Victor Bodden Tours to save a few bucks and am extremely glad that we did! :):):)

There was a (very short) walk from the place the ship was docked to the place to meet the tour guides. When we arrived in this area, there were so many tour guides, and some who were borderline pushy but not intimidating, but then we located our group, donned in their blue uniform shirts and was very happy to find them all very accommodating and super friendly!

From there we went to the zip line (which was a LOT of fun) and then held some monkeys and birds. From there, our tour guide took us to any beach on the island we wished to go to. We just opted for a free beach since we weren't going to spend all day there. Everything was PERFECT! We were extremely sad to leave the tour guide because he was so friendly and answered any questions.

I would definitely give this company a 5-star rating. Do not hesitate to book with them. You won't be disappointed!

9 of us booked a tour with Victor Bodden. They were great. He responded to my email quickly and our driver was great. We did the monkeys and the zip line and were very happy with them. I would highly recommend Victor Bodden.

Did you all 9 of you fit comfortable in one van? I was looking to book for a group of 8. any suggestions

From there, our tour guide took us to any beach on the island we wished to go to. We just opted for a free beach since we weren't going to spend all day there. Everything was PERFECT! We were extremely sad to leave the tour guide because he was so friendly and answered any questions.

I would definitely give this company a 5-star rating. Do not hesitate to book with them. You won't be disappointed!

Glad to hear yet another positive review. I don't think I've ever read anyone that was disappointed with this company.

Which beach did you guys end up at?

Just got back from Carnival Legend May 1-8. We used Victors tour for the Best of Roatan and could not be happier. We wanted to explore the island and see the real life things. It was just the 2 of us and our tour guide Craig. He was so wonderful. Young (21) But was so smart about everything. I know he was ready to get rid of me I asked a thousand questions, (no kidding) He was able to answer all I asked. We visited the monkeys which was what I thought would be the highlight and it was great but I so loved getting to see the kids of Roatan and the real homes not just the resorts. We did see some beautiful beaches and will go back and do just a beach day (with Victor) sometime but I kept changing my mind about what we wanted to see as Craig would tell us new things that we didn't make it to swim. My fault totally. He took us to the beach to drop us off and I said do you think we could drive around some more and he said Of course.

We used the taxi service to take us from the ship over the hill. 2 dollars PP well worth not having to listen to the other tour trappers.

Glad to hear yet another positive review. I don't think I've ever read anyone that was disappointed with this company.

Which beach did you guys end up at?

We just went to the free beach at West Bay Beach... it was nice.

We're going with VB in August. Do you guys think there is sufficient time to go ziplining, see the monkeys and also go snorkeling? And also have lunch? I signed up for the extra charge snorkeling, which I think is off a boat, and not the snorkel from the beach option.

We're on the Valor, which will be in port from noon until 7 pm.

just got back from triumph may 7 . Did the zip and dip for 65 (WOW SUPER PRICE)

ZIPLINE was in the morning already humid but bareable and only have one small hike up. Zipline is good for all ages my 3 year old rode it with me and had fun. Old people were flipping upside down.

Monkey tour was AWESOME......... they climb all over you and very interactive. They are very friendly and do not bite they like peanuts and the tour guide gives them to you and they jump on you and play till they ate it.

The beach on west side was crystal clear and snorkel was excellent. Only bad thing was the annoying vendors they try to sell you everything. The beach is about as good as it gets however clear sand water crystal clear and calm paradise...........

Taxi stays with you all trip our group of 5 was with a larger group of 12 in taxi but everyone still had a great time. Got back to ship 3 hours before it departed time was agreed upon before we left beach.... overall 10 of 10

just got back from triumph may 7 . Did the zip and dip for 65 (WOW SUPER PRICE)

ZIPLINE was in the morning already humid but bareable and only have one small hike up. Zipline is good for all ages my 3 year old rode it with me and had fun. Old people were flipping upside down.

Monkey tour was AWESOME......... they climb all over you and very interactive. They are very friendly and do not bite they like peanuts and the tour guide gives them to you and they jump on you and play till they ate it.

The beach on west side was crystal clear and snorkel was excellent. Only bad thing was the annoying vendors they try to sell you everything. The beach is about as good as it gets however clear sand water crystal clear and calm paradise...........

Taxi stays with you all trip our group of 5 was with a larger group of 12 in taxi but everyone still had a great time. Got back to ship 3 hours before it departed time was agreed upon before we left beach.... overall 10 of 10

Glad to hear you enjoyed it...especially with the 3 year old. We are taking our 3 year old with us this cruise and doing this tour. I'm hoping she likes it as well and don't freak out.

Can I ask...I've seen pictures online with the "climb" to the top and it looked as if there are ropes with boards that you climb up while holding onto a rope handle. I just a) can't imagine my 3 year old doing this alone and b) having to carry her while trying to climb it ourselves. Is this the case?

no ropes just stairs.... it takes about 1-2 minutes not bad but u will be tired I carried my daughter up them. There are other bridges with wood and rope but u are strapped in and can not fall. 3 year old will have fun ......and its pretty safe. She went in front of me on her own line with me holding mine and hers line at same time. They make sure all arms are out of way before they let u jump. Also the monkey tour is nice.........kids love it as did I. Beach is AWESOME..........u will have a great time dont miss out on this. No worries on this trip its stress free.

no ropes just stairs.... it takes about 1-2 minutes not bad but u will be tired I carried my daughter up them. There are other bridges with wood and rope but u are strapped in and can not fall. 3 year old will have fun ......and its pretty safe. She went in front of me on her own line with me holding mine and hers line at same time. They make sure all arms are out of way before they let u jump. Also the monkey tour is nice.........kids love it as did I. Beach is AWESOME..........u will have a great time dont miss out on this. No worries on this trip its stress free.

Psshhh, I won't be tired from carrying her, her dad will. :D

I was looking online and seen some pictures that kinda worried me. So, I just now did a search and found one located here: http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/32370/2080834430065094172S600x600Q85.jpg This is what I'm afraid of. Little feet would easily go threw those boards, even if you are strapped in. I just can't picture having to walk this with a young child. It's my only fear. Plus it reminds me of those swings bridges that you go on and they sway.

Sailing on the NCL Spirit Sunday. Booked the Victor Bodden Best of Roatan tour for next Wednesday. Will report when we return.

Have a good trip. Can you let me know when you return if they have steps like my picture I posted above?

Psshhh, I won't be tired from carrying her, her dad will. :D

I was looking online and seen some pictures that kinda worried me. So, I just now did a search and found one located here: http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/32370/2080834430065094172S600x600Q85.jpg This is what I'm afraid of. Little feet would easily go threw those boards, even if you are strapped in. I just can't picture having to walk this with a young child. It's my only fear. Plus it reminds me of those swings bridges that you go on and they sway.

You are hooked to a strong rope teather. Very safe. If you have a little one someone could carry that little person. The children did great that we saw and loved it, they have no fear. It is like a swinging bridge and just adds to the adventure. The bridge is not very long at all, I am 66 and a grandmother, I just went slow and held onto the ropy handrails - no problem. Don't worry and go and have fun, I am sure that if you didn't think so when you got there I am sure the guide, who is very athletic and strong would carry the child.

You are hooked to a strong rope teather. Very safe. If you have a little one someone could carry that little person. The children did great that we saw and loved it, they have no fear. It is like a swinging bridge and just adds to the adventure. The bridge is not very long at all, I am 66 and a grandmother, I just went slow and held onto the ropy handrails - no problem. Don't worry and go and have fun, I am sure that if you didn't think so when you got there I am sure the guide, who is very athletic and strong would carry the child.

So, still just trying to confirm...is the bridge at Boddens JUST like the one in the picture I showed? With the boards being far apart like that? That's what I'm trying to confirm. ;)

So, still just trying to confirm...is the bridge at Boddens JUST like the one in the picture I showed? With the boards being far apart like that? That's what I'm trying to confirm. ;)

Yes there are boards and they are close together, no problem

Yes there are boards and they are close together, no problem

I am going to say maybe at the most the boards are 2 1/2 to 3 inches apart. I remember putting my tennis shoe on two at a time. Really there is no need to worry, go and have a great time, it really was fun. We saw children of all ages doing it with no problems.

I am going to say maybe at the most the boards are 2 1/2 to 3 inches apart. I remember putting my tennis shoe on two at a time. Really there is no need to worry, go and have a great time, it really was fun. We saw children of all ages doing it with no problems.

Thanks for the reassurance. In the pictures, they just look so far apart to me and like your foot can fit in there.

Bodden Tours. We were in Roatan on May 12 and our tour guide was Hanno. He was very friendly, accomodating and made sure we knew that the day was ours to spend as we wished with his help and guidance. Being a native of Roatan, he knew where to go, where not to go, etc. We spent the afternoon at the Mayan Princess Resort in West Bay Beach which was undoubtedly the most beautiful place I have ever seen Grand Cayman Islands runs a very close second, but we snorkled there and I did not enjoy my time as much. We also went to see the monkeys and go such funny pictures. I promised my grandchildren a picture of me with a monkey on my head - and I will deliver! This is a fantastic bargain. This cruise we did not book any excursions through the cruise line and just winged it. However, Roatan was our best experience thanks to Victor Bodden Tours.

Has anyone used Bodden Tours? We were thinking of the "Best of Roatan" tour & maybe adding on the Glass Bottom Boat & Snorkelling. Has anyone used Victor Bodden or done this tour? Thanks

T*

We have visited Roatan the past two years on the Carnival Legend. Last year we booked the Zip and Dip through Victor Bodden Tours and it was fantastic. Ann was our guide and knew just where to take us for the dip portion of the adventure, as we were most interested in snorkeling.

We returned just this past week from our second trip to Roatan and had a great time with the "Best of Roatan" tour, again with Ann whom we requested. I've heard nothing but great things about all Victor Bodden guides. Roatan is our favorite port and we will always book with Bodden Tours.

West Bay Beach which was undoubtedly the most beautiful place I have ever seen Grand Cayman Islands runs a very close second, but we snorkled there and I did not enjoy my time as much.

I'm a little confused about this statement. Are you saying that the snorkeling wasn't enjoyable at West Bay or that it was and Grand Cayman wasn't as enjoyable like West Bay?

We were in Roatan on 5/13 and Had Tex as our Victor Bodden guide. We had done the same cruise last year and Roatan and victor Bodden were one of the major reasons we booked again this year.

Book with Victor and you'll be glad you did.

Archived