Solstice 1b to C3 concierge - worth changing?

FlaCruzers

I noticed on my upcoming Solstice cruise that there are several C3 (the C1's and C2's still quite a lot more) concierge class staterooms available for just $10 more than the 1b verandah hump cabin I currently have.

The issue is the location. I have a primo on the hump Vista deck near the main aft elevators which I booked prior to 5/17, and the C3's are either forward or aft (not near either elevators) on I think panorama and sky decks.

My question is for anyone who has had concierge class cabins, are the extra amenities really worth it? The rooms and balconies are basically the same size. And if they are worth it, would you pick forward or aft why?

Thanks for any responses.:rolleyes:

It's not the $10, but the location far forward or far aft for the C3 when my current Vista deck hump 1b by the main aft elevators on the Solstice in October is in a prime location.

You can probably tell I am leaning to staying put, but would still love to hear from anyone.

Thanks for the replies so far.

It's not the $10, but the location far forward or far aft for the C3 when my current Vista deck hump 1b by the main aft elevators on the Solstice in October is in a prime location.

You can probably tell I am leaning to staying put, but would still love to hear from anyone.

Thanks for the replies so far.

What's the cruise date? I would like to look at the inventory so I can give you a recommendation.

10/17 Solstice. I currently have 8273 vista, no "X" obstruction, same size room and balcony. Can't beat the location, but I understand 2 cruise credits? Wouldn't mind being 2 decks below pool??

Thanks.

If you don't have any walking disabilities, I would go for the C3, especially since it will only cost you an additional $10. If you do a search on the amenities, I think it would be well worth it. Just the sparkling wine alone, you can take it to the dining room and exchange it for a nice bottle of wine. They gave me $28 credit for it, and I got a nice Malbec.

The perks that I liked/have used are the golf unbrella, free shoe shine, pillow selection, nicer robes, massage shower head, and expanded room service breakfast menu.

There are a couple C3's back aft, midway between the hump and all the way back aft that I would consider -- 1279, first choice, and 9338, second choice. I wouldn't chose any of the cabins up forward.

That would be my input. Good luck in making your decision.

10/17 Solstice. I currently have 8273 vista, no "X" obstruction, same size room and balcony. Can't beat the location, but I understand 2 cruise credits? Wouldn't mind being 2 decks below pool??

Thanks.

I would Definitely do the C3 just for the Cruise credits alone - especially if you plan on remaining loyal to Celebrity. We just booked our 3rd cruise and booked C2 it was only $60 more for the both of use over 1B.

We are well on our way towards Elite Status :D Our next cruise is going to be a 12-14 night to Scandanavia

Just the sparkling wine alone, you can take it to the dining room and exchange it for a nice bottle of wine. They gave me $28 credit for it, and I got a nice Malbec.

Wow, I didn't realize that. I never opened the first one, but this time I will try the exchange, thanks for the info.

We are on the same cruise as you. Originally, we had 9310 which is C2 and would gladly stayed there, but then 1229 opened on the hump and we grabbed it. All this time, a 1A cabin on the hump was open, but for us, the extra credit was what I was after. Trying hard to reach Elite. If that's not a priority, I would stay where you are. I don't think the extra perks are worth giving up that balcony. Either way, hoping your cruise is great!

I noticed on my upcoming Solstice cruise that there are several C3 (the C1's and C2's still quite a lot more) concierge class staterooms available for just $10 more than the 1b verandah hump cabin I currently have.

The issue is the location. I have a primo on the hump Vista deck near the main aft elevators which I booked prior to 5/17, and the C3's are either forward or aft (not near either elevators) on I think panorama and sky decks.

My question is for anyone who has had concierge class cabins, are the extra amenities really worth it? The rooms and balconies are basically the same size. And if they are worth it, would you pick forward or aft why?

Thanks for any responses.:rolleyes:

I traded a 1A extended balcony for a C3 on Solstice a few months ago, and it was worth it for us. If I had been even smarter I would have paid another $90 and gotten a C2 with the big balcony. We thought it was worth it, but if you have mobility issues then the location factors may tip it.

For ten bucks, I'd upgrade for the extra credit. While being midship is nice, I dont mind the walk to burn off some of the calories I tend to overindulge in. The only down side will be losing the bigger balcony that some of the hump cabins have. If you're right in the middle of the hump with a normal size balcony, I'd definitely switch.

If you don't have any walking disabilities, I would go for the C3, especially since it will only cost you an additional $10. If you do a search on the amenities, I think it would be well worth it. Just the sparkling wine alone, you can take it to the dining room and exchange it for a nice bottle of wine. They gave me $28 credit for it, and I got a nice Malbec.

The perks that I liked/have used are the golf unbrella, free shoe shine, pillow selection, nicer robes, massage shower head, and expanded room service breakfast menu.

There are a couple C3's back aft, midway between the hump and all the way back aft that I would consider -- 1279, first choice, and 9338, second choice. I wouldn't chose any of the cabins up forward.

That would be my input. Good luck in making your decision.

Thanks. I am leaning toward the C3. I only hope the offer is available on Monday as it appears my online TA does not work on the weekends. Live and learn.:mad:

Wow, I didn't realize that. I never opened the first one, but this time I will try the exchange, thanks for the info.

We are on the same cruise as you. Originally, we had 9310 which is C2 and would gladly stayed there, but then 1229 opened on the hump and we grabbed it. All this time, a 1A cabin on the hump was open, but for us, the extra credit was what I was after. Trying hard to reach Elite. If that's not a priority, I would stay where you are. I don't think the extra perks are worth giving up that balcony. Either way, hoping your cruise is great!

The cabin I currently have has a standard balcony, on the hump, but not on the angle and this would be #6 on X (or 6 and 7 if we do the C3. As previously posted, hopefully the deal is still there on Monday.

Thanks for the input.:D

Personal preference is going to be the driving factor here. We were recently in a 1A on the hump. Like the OP, we had a prime location. I would'nt have changed our cabin for any CC cabin, with the exception of a CC on the hump. We really loved our central location and the extra balcony space. In fact, we were facing a similar type of scenario for our upcoming Feb cruise. We could have booked AQ for less that what we are paying in a CC hump cabin on the resort deck. We went for the CC because of the location and extra space.

As mentioned, our balcony is on the hump but not on the angle so it is no bigger than any other balcony as far as I can tell and we do not have mobility issues. We have usually stayed near an elevator for quick access, but again, it may be worth moving aft for the ammenities and the extra cruise credit. If there were stairs in the aft that would be great, but I don't think so.

Any other comments about location, potential move?

Thanks again.

Well, we upgraded to the C3. :D There will be a little more walking, but with the extra cruise credit and amenities, we are hoping for a good experience. And I like that I can walk 2 decks up to the pool.

As we do not drink, does anyone know if you can trade the "sparkling wine" for OBC?

Thanks.

Well, we upgraded to the C3. :D There will be a little more walking, but with the extra cruise credit and amenities, we are hoping for a good experience. And I like that I can walk 2 decks up to the pool.

As we do not drink, does anyone know if you can trade the "sparkling wine" for OBC?

Thanks.

FlaCruzers,

Here is an idea, keep checking the price of a C2 cabin and maybe the price will drop giving you the opportunity to grab a C2 angled baclony. DW and I did the same thing for our two cruised on the Equinox. I kept looking and also directly calling the 800 number and asking if an angled balcony in C2 was available. Both time they were but they don't show them usually on the website. I have also done this on our upcoming Connie cruise 12/4/10 for 14 nights. I called about another question and had them look for cabin #8046 which is a large triangle balcony that is very much prized and we got it. So make sure you keep an eye on the prices and then do you due home work and call. I hope this helps.

Kitcito

Archived