Platinum and Dining Option

califgary

Someone mentioned this in another thread but it was kind of off subject so I thought Id ask in a new thread.

Someone wrote that if your Platinum status you will always get the dining time/option you ask for even if its waitlisted.....

Is this true? anyone know?

thanks

Someone mentioned this in another thread but it was kind of off subject so I thought Id ask in a new thread.

Someone wrote that if your Platinum status you will always get the dining time/option you ask for even if its waitlisted.....

thanks

No that is not true.

thanks

This is a Carnival guarantee, not a Princess one.

We tend to book late, usually after the final payment date, and have always managed to get second seating dinner. Sometimes we've been waitlisted, but have generally made it to confirmed status before the cruise.

On one cruise (Emerald last Thanksgiving), the Cruise Personalizer showed us as confirmed, but when we checked in, they had us down for anytime dining.

I had to go wait in line to speak to the maitre d' about moving us to second seating. It wasn't too long a wait, and he made the switch very quickly after I told him what we wanted. I don't know if having a Platinum card made a difference there or if it was simple for him to make the change because it's just the two of us instead of a larger group.

Archived