Car seats on bus transfer?

Rhitson88

Guys I plan to call Princess regarding the bus transfer we will be taking from Tampa to Ft Lauderdale on our upcoming cruise, but if you guys can anser it then i won't need to. So anyways, have a 3 yr old going with us. Does she need a car seat for the bus transfer? I would imagine so, but how would we manage on doing that? Or do we just bring ours and they send it to our room like our luggage and stuff? Thanks for future posts.

Yes, car seats go to your cabin with your luggage. Just put a luggage tag on it. If your closet doesn't have room for it, the steward can store it someplace for you. That is a fairly long bus transfer and you may wish you had it. But first, try to find out if the bus Princess uses will have seatbelts.

Yes, car seats go to your cabin with your luggage. Just put a luggage tag on it. If your closet doesn't have room for it, the steward can store it someplace for you. That is a fairly long bus transfer and you may wish you had it. But first, try to find out if the bus Princess uses will have seatbelts.

Ok very well. Will do. As far as the island taxi go, do they have laws requiring us to lug the car seat around on the island? Shes in a booster seat now so its not even a car seat. Shes turning 4 so according to Florida law shes about to be able to sit in a normal seat anyways. Just wondering. Thanks.

Its a very good point you raise.

Just thinking back , I dont think I can recall any busses that had seat belts on any of the ship tours we have taken.

We just returned from a Baltic cruise, and several of the Scandinavian countries required use of seat belts in the tour buses.

Ok very well. Will do. As far as the island taxi go, do they have laws requiring us to lug the car seat around on the island? Shes in a booster seat now so its not even a car seat. Shes turning 4 so according to Florida law shes about to be able to sit in a normal seat anyways. Just wondering. Thanks.

I know each state has different car seat laws but really the size and weight of the child determines the use of a car seat for safety. My kids were small. My youngest son was in a car seat until he was five. If you could see him now you would never believe he was ever small. I do not recall ever seeing a seat belt on a Princess transfer bus. Maybe they slid behind the seat under the cushion.

Archived