What are the different drinks available in the Ice Bar?

cowbuoy

Hi everyone.

Just wondering what are the different drinks available in the Ice Bar.

I have read that some of them were generally more popular than other ones.

Is it correct that there are four choices?

Since we will only be there once, it would be nice to have an idea of which ones we would probably like better ahead of time.

Thanks!

Hi everyone.

Just wondering what are the different drinks available in the Ice Bar.

I have read that some of them were generally more popular than other ones.

Is it correct that there are four choices?

Since we will only be there once, it would be nice to have an idea of which ones we would probably like better ahead of time.

Thanks!

Posted many moons ago.... here again, for your pleasure: 2920945020080057173cOjhdN_th.jpg

Someone posted they had "Ice Wine" there. Not only did someone post it (me), but it's written right on the menu....above.

Though the menu states nothing like that, I'm wondering if there's a bottle of something else, like Ice Wine, will they pour it if you asked?

No, they won't. The ice bar is sponsored by Svedka vodka.

The pre-mixed drinks are the only ones available.

The menu is posted outside the bar for you to look at anytime.

Two of the drinks had ice wine in them. I am a big fan of ice wine so I tried the Polaris. I really liked it. Vodka, ice wine and lemon-lime soda. They also served this in headliners.

I did watch a guy keep pushing one of the bartenders to give him a glass of the ice wine. I could see it was a rather uncomfortable situation for the bartender. They are all trying to give you good customer service and yet follow the rules put forth by their employer. I am not sure if the ice wine was offered in any of the bars. If it wasn't then maybe that is something NCL should look into.

I think the other drink was called Sunburst Yellow with peaches. Also, very good. My 11 year old enjoyed her Strawberry Kiss!

The menu is posted outside the bar for you to look at anytime.

Two of the drinks had ice wine in them. I am a big fan of ice wine so I tried the Polaris. I really liked it. Vodka, ice wine and lemon-lime soda. They also served this in headliners.

I did watch a guy keep pushing one of the bartenders to give him a glass of the ice wine. I could see it was a rather uncomfortable situation for the bartender. They are all trying to give you good customer service and yet follow the rules put forth by their employer. I am not sure if the ice wine was offered in any of the bars. If it wasn't then maybe that is something NCL should look into.

I think the other drink was called Sunburst Yellow with peaches. Also, very good. My 11 year old enjoyed her Strawberry Kiss!

Thanks...that's what I wanted to learn. Though I read it, I'd never want to put an employee into an uncomfortable situation. I was just curious if this was the norm or not. I've never tried IceWine. I ended up googling it to find out what it was.

If you try the Polaris you will get a good idea of what ice wine tastes like. This drink definitely highlighted the ice wine. It is very sweet.

I don't believe you are able to purchase any additional drinks. You are given two drink tickets before you go in. Most people drink their two drinks within the first 20 - 30 minutes and are out of there.

DH does not like fruity-tooty drinks at all. He is a single malt Scotch neat guy. He will put up with real vodka or gin martinis - very dry - if there is no scotch available.

Will the bartender pour just Svedka? I don't see why not. Has anybody asked?

Here's the menu posted when NCL first announced the Svedka sponsorship. A little easier to read than the photo IMO.

The SVEDKA Ice Bar accommodates 25 people and can be reserved from 5:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m. nightly. The cost is $20 per person and includes two signature cocktails. There are six specialty drinks made from SVEDKA vodka and Inniskillin ice wine including:

· Polaris: SVEDKA Citron, Inniskillin ice wine, and lemon/lime soda;

· Cobalt Blue: Inniskillin ice wine, SVEDKA vodka and Blue Curacao;

· Nordic Apple Juice: SVEDKA vodka, Sour Apple Schnapps, Midori and a splash of fresh sour;

· Caribbean Dreams: SVEDKA Citron, Triple Sec and lemon juice;

· Sunburst Yellow: SVEDKA vodka, peach liquor and orange juice; and

· Northern Lights: SVEDKA Citron, Cointreau and Blue Curacao.

There are also two non-alcoholic drinks – the Strawberry Eskimo Kiss made of strawberry puree, pineapple juice and lemon juice and the Creamsickle, with orange juice, vanilla ice cream and milk - in case children want to partake in the chilling fun. All drinks are served in specially-created glasses made entirely of ice.

Thank You Cruzin. The thumb photo was too small for me to see. You are very kind to have typed this out!

Wish I could take credit for transcribing. I just copied off NCL's Facebook page. I remember it being posted when it was announced, so I went back and got it.

I love Inniskillen Ice Wine, so I'm looking forward to trying the two drinks that include it. Will probably make DH order two other drinks so we can try four!

Thank You Cruzin. The thumb photo was too small for me to see. You are very kind to have typed this out!

If you click on the thumbnail, you get the full-size pic. If it's still too small, there's a magnifying glass thingy to zoom. (On the in-line photos, NOT the signature photos, like my Ambition Salmon)

Archived