Auto Progreso Tour Info- see flyer inside

We originally were just going to tour around, however when I got off the pier I ran into a vendor and knew from CC that they were reputable. We got the Combo which was great- you can't beat the prices- and for children under 12 they only charged $19. The only thing I would have changed was a lunch stop (eat a big breakfast). After the tour they drive you straight to the ship so you don't have to worry about changing buses.

autoprogreso1.jpg

autoprogreso2.jpg

Hey!!! Is just the same flyer Autoprogreso sent me and I also received this information.

Date:Wed, August 25, 2010 05:28 pm

Hello Helen,

I´m sending you a brochure and some extra information about the tours we offer. The way to book is through this email address; I just need to know how many adults and kids want to do this tour and I can give you the total ammount. We do not take money in advance just for security of our clients, however you are considered in the tour in case you want to do it. If you have some questions about these tours, please let me know.

Tour # 1

Merida City Tour

Price: $ 25 dlls. pp Kids under 10 years old $ 19 dlls.

Starts: 10:00 am

Meeting point: at the pier next to the fountain at 9:30 am

Duration: 3.5 hrs. aprox.

Includes: Transportation, tour guide, access to the museums in Merida

City. You can visit the Colonial buildings, The Cathedral, go shopping,

etc. The ride to get there are 30 min.

Tour # 2

Dzibilchaltun Ruins

Price: $ 29 dlls. pp Kids under 10 years old $ 19 dlls.

Starts: 10:15 am

Meeting point: at the pier next to the fountain at 9:30 am

Duration: 3.5 hrs. aprox.

Includes: Transportation, tour guide, access to the ruins and Cenote. The

ride to get there are 20 min.

Tour # 3

Combo Tour

Price: $39 dlls. pp

Starts:9:30 am

Meeting point: at the pier next to the fountain at 9:00 am

Duration:4.5 hrs. aprox.

Includes: Transportation, Tour guide and Access to the Ruins.

Places to visit: Dzibilchaltun Ruins ( Cenote, museum) Merida City (

Historic downtown, colonial buildings, the cathedral, etc.) The ride to

get there are 20 min.

Tour # 4

Open Bar & Meal Tour

Price: $45 dlls. pp Kids under 10 years old $22 dlls.pp

Starts: 9:45 am

Meeting point: at the pier next to the fountain at 9:10 am

Duration: 4hrs. prox.

Includes: Transportation, tour guide, Access to the Resort ( Open bar,

meals, snacks, beverages, private beach, etc.) and then we take you to the

Xcambo Ruins. The ride to get there are 30 min.

Tour # 5

Flamingo Tour

Price: $19 dlls. Pp

Starts: 10:45am

Meeting point: at the pier next to the fountain at 10:15 am

Duration: 2.5 hrs. aprox.

Includes: Transportation, tour guide, access to the Mayan Ruins of Xcambo

and the Sanctuary of Pink Flamingos. The ride to get there are 30 min.

Tour # 6

Chichen Itza Ruins Tour

Price: Adults $49 dlls. pp and Kids (under 10 years old) $35 dlls. Pp

Starts: 8:00am

Meeting point: at the pier next to the fountain at 07:30 am

Duration: 5.5 hrs. aprox.

Includes: Transportation, tour guide and access to the Chichen Itza

Ruins. The ride to get there are 1.45 hrs.

Tour # 7

Uxmal Ruins Tour

Price: $ 49 dlls. pp Kids under 10 years old $ 35 dlls.

Starts: 8:30 am

Meeting point: at the pier next to the fountain at 08:00 am

Includes: Transportation, tour guide, access to the Uxmal Ruins. The ride

to get there are 1.20 hrs.

Christy Liquidano

• 5 weeks later...

My daughter and I took the AP tour to the Dzib ruins this summer. We made the reservations online prior to our cruise and had absolutely no problems with anything. AP delivered everything they promised. There were people on our Dzib tour who had booked through Carnival and paid about twice what we did for the same exact thing. Will definitely use them again if we are back in that area. :D

• 3 weeks later...
My daughter and I took the AP tour to the Dzib ruins this summer. We made the reservations online prior to our cruise and had absolutely no problems with anything. AP delivered everything they promised. There were people on our Dzib tour who had booked through Carnival and paid about twice what we did for the same exact thing. Will definitely use them again if we are back in that area. :D

I agree with you!!! It´s a professional company that offers a variety of tours for a very low price.

I emailed AP about a week ago about this tour & they haven't replied. We'll be there in Mid December

Are they usually slow? Should I worry about their lack of reply and figure I can just catch them at the pier or is prebooking important?

Edited by mbisson

Talk about timing-I just got a reply (I wonder if they monitor this board)...only thing is that AP says that the port schedule indicates that the Triumph won't be there on Dec 13=so no reservation (and I've verified with my itinerary and a couple independent websites that we will).

Guess I'll just wait till we arrive & if I can find a tour fine-if not it'll be an extended beach day-which isn't a bad thing either

Edited by mbisson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will be with my party in Progreso next year, but this time We´d like to do tour # 4 or tour #7. :cool::cool::cool:

Tour # 4

Open Bar & Meal Tour

Price: $45 dlls. pp Kids under 10 years old $22 dlls.pp

Starts: 9:45 am

Meeting point: at the pier next to the fountain at 9:10 am

Duration: 4hrs. prox.

Includes: Transportation, tour guide, Access to the Resort ( Open bar,

meals, snacks, beverages, private beach, etc.) and then we take you to the

Xcambo Ruins. The ride to get there are 30 min.

Tour # 7

Uxmal Ruins Tour

Price: $ 49 dlls. pp Kids under 10 years old $ 35 dlls.

Starts: 8:30 am

Meeting point: at the pier next to the fountain at 08:00 am

Includes: Transportation, tour guide, access to the Uxmal Ruins. The ride

to get there are 1.20 hrs.

We did the auto progresso tour for our Dec cruise and had a great time. My husband is already planning on going back so that we can do one of their other tours! there were only a total of maybe 15 people on our bus so it wasn't crowded at all. They talked a little bit of the way there and give you a little history and the ride out there was beautiful...or to me it was....Our 7 and 9 year old handled it just fine WAYYYY better than I expected! My advice is to make sure that if you do any shopping in the little market there and want something...buy it then and take it with you becuase when you come back they took us straight to the ship. I am sure they would have dropped us off there but there really wasn't any time becuase it was almost time for us to be back on the ship. I would reccomend this tour over and over again! Even the kids enjoyed this not so much for the history but just because to them it was like a big play ground getting to go in and out of the ruins....and also seeing all the iguanas! They were EVERYWHERE!!!

We did the Uxmal tour! It was great!

I had planned on doing that tour with them last trip and ended up just spending the day around the waterfront. I was doing the Chef's Table that night and decided that it would make just too long a day. Still plan on taking their Uxmal tour next time down. Glad to hear that you had a good day. I have taken a couple of tours with Autoprogreso and they have all gone very well. They are a first class and very dependable outfit in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...
I had planned on doing that tour with them last trip and ended up just spending the day around the waterfront. I was doing the Chef's Table that night and decided that it would make just too long a day.

That was the same reason we changed our mind about touring with them. And like you, we just spent the day along the waterfront. (and we really enjoyed the CT)

We cruise in Feb. First time to Progreso. Can't decide which tour.

The combo or the Uxmal Ruins tour. Any suggestions? Thanks!

We had an American who lives there, Robert Bower, take us to Uxmal. He knows his stuff and is very professional. rabbit777mx@yahoo.com

He suggested the DZ ruins tour and seeing the flamingos, too. We (me) had our hearts set on the wow-factor for Mayan ruins, and Uxmal definitely provides that.

I have read where you can rent an AP car or van, depending on the number of people, and go to the ruins directly without going on the tour... Has anyone done this?

Seems like the tour, while only 3.5hrs, kills most of your time in Progreso. I would like to see the ruins and then get back in time to enjoy some cervezas on the beach.

• 1 year later...

Will be in Progreso in October on Elation. I wanted to do the double decker bus tour and then head to the dz ruins. Does anyone know if this is possible? Where is this "fountain" that seems to be the meeting place? Could we go around town on the bus and make it to the fountain to meet for the tour? Also, is it recommended to book in advance or play it by ear once we arrive?

thanks

We did the auto progresso tour for our Dec cruise and had a great time. My husband is already planning on going back so that we can do one of their other tours! there were only a total of maybe 15 people on our bus so it wasn't crowded at all. They talked a little bit of the way there and give you a little history and the ride out there was beautiful...or to me it was....Our 7 and 9 year old handled it just fine WAYYYY better than I expected! My advice is to make sure that if you do any shopping in the little market there and want something...buy it then and take it with you becuase when you come back they took us straight to the ship. I am sure they would have dropped us off there but there really wasn't any time becuase it was almost time for us to be back on the ship. I would reccomend this tour over and over again! Even the kids enjoyed this not so much for the history but just because to them it was like a big play ground getting to go in and out of the ruins....and also seeing all the iguanas! They were EVERYWHERE!!!

If you make purchases before the tour, do they allow you to keep them on the bus while touring the ruins?

Will be in Progreso in October on Elation. I wanted to do the double decker bus tour and then head to the dz ruins. Does anyone know if this is possible? Where is this "fountain" that seems to be the meeting place? Could we go around town on the bus and make it to the fountain to meet for the tour? Also, is it recommended to book in advance or play it by ear once we arrive?

thanks

Not sure how doable that is as you are expected to be at the AP bus garage by a certain time for the tour - we had to be off the Elation and on their bus from the pier by 8:45-ish.

JMHO, but I would wait until you got to Progresso before booking. As you get off the ship, you are in a fairly good sized marketplace. Walk about 3/4 thru it and you will see the AP people in their peach shirts on the left. You can book your tour then

If you make purchases before the tour, do they allow you to keep them on the bus while touring the ruins?

I don't see why not - pretty sure Sonia, our tour guide to Uxmal said we could leave our items on the bus. BUT, the bus wasn't locked and the driver was not there when we returned from our tour about a half hour prior to departure - we were able to get on the bus and cool off with no one around.....