Balcony vs. veranda

MarilynA

South Sea Sue that was a sweet deal for her. When my daughter stayed alone we had to pay the supplement. She had a ball though ordering special treats like crepes etc

Was there an offer or did your agent swing it?

Yes South Seas Sue, that was why we used our balcony as it is was large enough to enjoy.

The other balconies on level 7 were poky with a table and chairs included. We never woke up because of noise from either the engine or entertainment. You would never know that there was activity either above or below. The bathroom also appeared more spacious.

Yes South Seas Sue, that was why we used our balcony as it is was large enough to enjoy.

The other balconies on level 7 were poky with a table and chairs included. We never woke up because of noise from either the engine or entertainment. You would never know that there was activity either above or below. The bathroom also appeared more spacious.

We were in the last side-facing cabin, right next to the new rear-facing cabins. So, we were right under the piano in La Palette.

The noise from the late night disco was not too bad, but I did hear crew moving chairs around at about 6:30am. Depends on if you are a morning or an evening person.

• 3 weeks later...
37sq ft or 56sq feet, they are the most UNDER UTILIZED sq ft on the entire ship.

As MANY PG regulars will tell you, save your money. You will find yourself in the public areas most all the time. I would MUCH rather go two years in a row (who would do THAT :o), than pay thousands MORE pp for a balcony (don't get me started on butlers). We had one this year as a free upgrade, but I am COMPLETELY happy with Category E.

Dear Mtn Drivr,

Your comment about butlers cracked me up . On our last PG cruise, the story of which is on our website, somehow we were upgraded from E to A!! We are not bragging, and I have no clue as to why we were upgraded. It came with a butler, who was a really nice guy, but what did we need him for??

• 2 weeks later...

I was on a submarine in the Navy, our 1st trip on the PG we had the porthole cabin and that was a real treat. Our 2nd trip was in a window cabin and we didn't see much difference from the first. Since we spend most of our time on deck or in the bar, the porthole cabin it is for our 3rd cruise.:D

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Ahab10&date=10-30-2010&text=&ship=Paul Gauguin

Archived