Port Canaveral departure

So , I'm gonna be on the FOS, leaving tomorrow from Port Canaveral. My question is: What is the best time to arrive at the cruise terminal? Has anyone sailed from PC recently? If so, how long was your wait? I seem to remember the RCI website reccomending to be there at 2:30, but that seems a bit late. Thanks.

My last cruise was in 2003. We had been told that they won't let anyone into the parking area until 10:30. We left our hotel about 11:50, had dropped our bags and parked the car by noon and were in our room at 12:30.

There will probably be at least one person who will chime in here and state that things have changed and say that no one is allowed in their rooms until 1 PM.

Just back from Port Canaveral, any time after 10:30 is fine. By the time you park, give the porters your bags, go through security and check in it will be about 11:00 and you will have at most a 10 to 15 minute wait to board.

Currently the Carnival Dream is in the berth that the Freedom of the Seas will use tomorrow.

I don't know if it will be gone before the Freedom arrives.:D

This webcam link had a fly and an ant fighting each other on the camera lens.

It looked like a Godzilla-Mothra epic battle going on aboard the Dream. :eek:

Here is an inter-active web cam link from the Radisson at the Port.

All kidding aside, if you can access these links in the morning, you can get a glimpse of the Freedom in the morning and get an idea of what is happening.

Show up around 10:30 and you should be all set.

Currently the Carnival Dream is in the berth that the Freedom of the Seas will use tomorrow.

I don't know if it will be gone before the Freedom arrives.:D

This webcam link had a fly and an ant fighting each other on the camera lens.

It looked like a Godzilla-Mothra epic battle going on aboard the Dream. :eek:

Here is an inter-active web cam link from the Radisson at the Port.

All kidding aside, if you can access these links in the morning, you can get a glimpse of the Freedom in the morning and get an idea of what is happening.

Show up around 10:30 and you should be all set.

Carnival Dream is there every Saturday and has been for the last few months.

Carnival Dream is there every Saturday and has been for the last few months.

I wasn't really questioning if the Dream would be gone.

With the battle the ant and fly were having on the PC camera lens, it looked like the ship, the berth, and the entire port would be destroyed.

It looked like the fly landed on the Dream, and the ant was trying to crawl up the bow of the ship to get at the fly. Since they were on the lens, and the ship was in the background, they appeared to be about 1/3 the size of the Dream.

Does anyone know if there is a way to capture the video link and post it?

So , I'm gonna be on the FOS, leaving tomorrow from Port Canaveral. My question is: What is the best time to arrive at the cruise terminal? Has anyone sailed from PC recently? If so, how long was your wait? I seem to remember the RCI website reccomending to be there at 2:30, but that seems a bit late. Thanks.

Two weeks ago tomorrow we were at port Can. Shortly after eleven fifteen , on RCCL shuttle from the Orlando airport. We got off the shuttle and entered the terminal, went thru the scanning detector (listen to the the staff and things move very quickly, if not they slow down,some people do not listen to or obey the rules and regs set forth by the RCCL staff) , proceed up the stairs, walked right to the registration desk (have your set sail form signed and ready, and fill out the health questionaire they hand you before you get to check in counter) recieved our sea passes and were up the "gang plank" to board. Thus, it went very smoothly and effiecently. We were in the Wind Jammer eating lunch at twelve. The staff does an excellent job if you can follow directions. And a good time was had by all.

Plan on getting there around eleven. JMO

Have a GOOD CRUISE.

We cruised on the Freedom on 8/08. We arrived at 10:30 and they starting boarding the ship at 11:25.

1st Mate , , , ,

What "RCCL" shuttle did you take from the airport to the port? Were there any specific pre-plans that you had to make - and what about the return to the airport? We're planning this trip with our grandkids, and altho we've cruised many times, never from this port. Usually we just get a taxi, but I don't think that is practical in this situation. Thanks in advance!

Fran

With the battle the ant and fly were having on the PC camera lens, it looked like the ship, the berth, and the entire port would be destroyed.

It looked like the fly landed on the Dream, and the ant was trying to crawl up the bow of the ship to get at the fly. Since they were on the lens, and the ship was in the background, they appeared to be about 1/3 the size of the Dream.

Take a screen shot of your computer

I gotcha now. I can do a static.(I took a screen shot)

PCCam.jpg.420e3e3e76d22390e950cdfe02e872e5.jpg

Too funny.:) Good imagination.;)

I checked your screen shot, didn't see the battle royale?:eek:

Too funny.:) Good imagination.;)

I checked your screen shot, didn't see the battle royale?:eek:

That wasn't my screen shot. Earlier today, around 10:30 a.m. they were fighting on the camera lens. I wanted to know if I could capture the video.

They are not there now, but they are there a lot of times in the mornings.

I will try to catch them with a screen shot tomorrow.

That wasn't my screen shot. Earlier today, around 10:30 a.m. they were fighting on the camera lens. I wanted to know if I could capture the video.

They are not there now, but they are there a lot of times in the mornings.

I will try to catch them with a screen shot tomorrow.

Ahh. Right you are, and I sit corrected, anxiously waiting to see the battle!;)

My last cruise was in 2003. We had been told that they won't let anyone into the parking area until 10:30. We left our hotel about 11:50, had dropped our bags and parked the car by noon and were in our room at 12:30.

There will probably be at least one person who will chime in here and state that things have changed and say that no one is allowed in their rooms until 1 PM.

Correct. Over the lats few years the cabin entry time has consistently been 1:00, with no access available prior to that time (stateroom corridors completely closed off) So you can still board earlier, you just can't enter your cabin until 1:00.

1st Mate , , , ,

What "RCCL" shuttle did you take from the airport to the port? Were there any specific pre-plans that you had to make - and what about the return to the airport? We're planning this trip with our grandkids, and altho we've cruised many times, never from this port. Usually we just get a taxi, but I don't think that is practical in this situation. Thanks in advance!

Fran

Hi Fran,

When we booked our cruise (this one thru a TA, but you can get them from a RCCL cruise planner, also) we purchased transfer vouchers from the airport to the pier and back. I don't exactly remember what it cost, but it is about 45 min to anhour ride to the pier. I sure that would be rather expensive ride in a taxi. There may be other options that people use with success and less cost, maybe you will get more responses. You will meet a RCCL representative in the baggage claim area in the aiport and they will assist you to the point of departure. I think if you book thru RCCL there are options(for a fee) that provide lodging and transportation. Need to check with your booking agent??

We actually flew down the day before and stayed at the Hyatt there in the airport and then met the shuttle service the next morning.

This has worked well for us. I think this is the third time we have use this service from this port. I believe the shuttle service bus service is named AMERICAN. Each bus holds around fifty passengers.

If you have a late flight out of Orlando, the Hyatt has day rooms also. Just another option.

Royal Caribbean has altered the itineraries of both Oasis of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas. Enchantment, which left Baltimore on Thursday, will call on San Juan tomorrow. On Monday, it will visit Samana, Dominican Republic instead of St. Thomas, as originally scheduled. It will stop in Labadee on Tuesday and spend Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at sea as it returns to Baltimore on Saturday.

Oasis will be unable to make its scheduled port calls in St. Thomas on Tuesday and St. Maarten on Wednesday. Instead, the ship will make an extended visit to Nassau on Sunday, spend Monday and Tuesday at sea, and call on Costa Maya on Wednesday and Cozumel on Thursday. It will then spend Friday at sea as it returns to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, as scheduled.

just found this on a cruise critic site through my FB acct.

I like to arrive between 12:30 and 1:00 seeing you can't go to your room until 1:00. I like to drop my carry on off in my room before lunch.

Archived