Carnival Ecstasy Wedding 2011

cuiser86

Getting married next May 2011 on the Carnival Ectasy in Galveston TX. I still have some time but I'm trying to plan ahead. I have a few questions:

Whats the best place to get a block of hotel rooms thats close to the port?

We are thinking of having a dinner for everyone the night before we cruise, any suggestions?

Has anyone ever rented tuxedos from Carnival? How does that work? Do they let the guys get dressed in their own state rooms?

Where do people go in Galveston to get their hair done before having to be at port at 10am?

I know the ecstasy is moving to florida it 2011 - so you may want to make sure it will be there in may :)

Carnival is notrious for booking stuff & then last min canceling....

I was married on the ecstasy in June of this year. We didn't really care about the quality of the hotel much since we were paying for everyones rooms. We figured it was just to sleep :) So we actually stayed at the Travel lodge in TX City. Its 15min from the terminal and we had lots of resturants around there. We didn't stay in galveston b/c it was too expensive....

I would go to Galveston.com - look at hotel section, pick the date/s you are going to stay there & how many rooms & go from there. It will list all the hotels in the area.

As far as resturants...depending on what type of food you want & how many ppl you are going to have...

But galveston.com also has a list of resturants...

Let me know if you have any more questions!

I can't answer specifics to Galveston, but I'm in the process of booking a block of hotel rooms for May 2011 in Tampa:

I tried online sites such as hotelplanner etc to get bids for group bookings and other sites.

I found the rate they were quoting me online was more expensive than the rate and terms I would get if I called the hotel directly.

For the tux rental, I know that if you ask nicely, they may be able to have a separate cabin ready other than the bride and grooms cabin for the men to get dressed in. However, no one elses cabin will be ready before the wedding so all your guests should come dressed to the terminal. Typically only the cabin of the bride and groom is open to them for the bride to get dressed in.

It was recommended to me to search local boards specific to the destination (i.e. Tampa/Gavelston) to get recommendations to hair/makeup people as most will come to your hotel the morning of for a minimal fee.

Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Gaidos is a pretty good resteraunt in galveston. They also do wedding partys & have seperate menus just for large groups, price is ok.They have seperate party rooms & deck space for your own "rehearsal" Im pretty sure thats were we are doing ours for our April 2011 wedding. Good luck with your planning!

Archived