What to expect after Earl?

JBert

Mr Hurrican Expert,

Are there any other Hurricans brewing for the following week, i am due to fly out sat. 9/11 to Tampa Florida and set sail on sun. 9/12. I just want to be able to get to Florida, then get me on the ship and everything will be fine!!! :p

Thanks for any info you may have,

Maryanne

Mr Hurrican Expert,

Are there any other Hurricans brewing for the following week, i am due to fly out sat. 9/11 to Tampa Florida and set sail on sun. 9/12. I just want to be able to get to Florida, then get me on the ship and everything will be fine!!! :p

Maryanne

Too early to tell. One week out is even pretty far out unless it is one of the long track hurricanes from Africa.

Mr Hurrican Expert,

Maryanne

Maryanne, the highest likeliehood is that what will likely turn into Gaston could be east of the Bahamas on your departure date (unfortunately, I'm due to be leaving San Juan at the same time, so I might have a problem). But leaving from Tampa looks to be clear sailing, depending on where you're travelling of course, and that it's still over a week away, things could easily change.

Maryanne, the highest likeliehood is that what will likely turn into Gaston could be east of the Bahamas on your departure date (unfortunately, I'm due to be leaving San Juan at the same time, so I might have a problem). But leaving from Tampa looks to be clear sailing, depending on where you're travelling of course, and that it's still over a week away, things could easily change.

Thanks for the info, hopefully we will both be ok. This is my second cruise during hurrican season, last year was smooth sailing, hopefully this one will be too. Thats why when planning them during hurrican season, i pick the western side.

Archived