Crown and Sabatini's reservations and cancellation

at-c

I have to make reservations for our large group (about 20) for dinner at the Crown Grill and Sabatini's on the Emerald. I know that I should do this as soon as I board the ship, and I will probably go to the restaurants themselves to get reservations in.

What if I make the reservation and them some in the group decide to change their plans and do something separate? Is there a cancellation window? I need to place all of the charges onto one cabin account, so I don't want to get charged for a no-show. When do they post the charge - at the time of the reservation, or when you show up for dinner?

Thanks for the input.

They don't post the charges until you show up for dinner. Go ahead and make your reservations as soon as you board but be sure and notify them if there are changes to your reservation as that would give others an opportunity to reserve as well. I've actually cancelled last minute a few times and no problem. Enjoy all that wonderful food in those specialty restaurants.

Thanks for the responses and the input.

It looks like I'll just make the reservations and try to get a firm count for who all will want to participate. Then I'll let the restaurants know if there are cancellations.

The group reservation is being charged to one account because all these people are being invited and treated as guests of the host. Sort of like asking friends over for dinner.

Thanks for the responses and the input.

It looks like I'll just make the reservations and try to get a firm count for who all will want to participate. Then I'll let the restaurants know if there are cancellations.

The group reservation is being charged to one account because all these people are being invited and treated as guests of the host. Sort of like asking friends over for dinner.

I'd like to be your friend:)

I'll be sure to keep you in mind the next cruise.

This cruise is actually a special celebration party and I just feel that it's not quite so cool to invite them to your party, and then make them pay for it. They're already paying plenty to get to the cruise.

Thanks for everybody's help and advice

Husband just suggested that you might be able to contact princess and have them contact the ship ahead of time if you know your exact plans and then they could be prepared for a large party. They do it for other groups so they should do it for you. If you booked through a good TA, maybe they could help you on it.

Ditto on contacting in advance on this one. Also, I would explain the details of the event with the manager. Depending on load, they might be able to pre-arrange the room for better seating (do you want 6x3s, one big table of 20, etc?) and any other special arrangement you might care to make (like ordering flowers from the florist) - On the coral in the MDR, I know there was a large party that had arranged a birthday cake with the pastry chef (because the whole MDR sang happy birthday)

I'll be sure to keep you in mind the next cruise.

This cruise is actually a special celebration party and I just feel that it's not quite so cool to invite them to your party, and then make them pay for it. They're already paying plenty to get to the cruise.

Thanks for everybody's help and advice

Everybody on this board is always so helpful.

I had tried to pre-book the restaurants through my TA, who spoke to Princess group sales, and they said that it did have to be done only after boarding.

It will be just a little bother to have to run to each of the restaurants and make the reservation as soon as I get on the ship. That way, I can also force a very rapid tour of the ship getting from one to the other.

Archived