Flight to Miami canceled

Just got a call from my TA. She said our air carrier will no longer be going into Miami (ATA). They will be dropping us into FLL. We are going in a couple days in advanced and staying at Hilton in Miami. The airport in Miami was only 6 miles to hotel now we are little over 30 miles. Anyone know the cost to taxi from FLL to Miami?

Just got a call from my TA. She said our air carrier will no longer be going into Miami (ATA). They will be dropping us into FLL. We are going in a couple days in advanced and staying at Hilton in Miami. The airport in Miami was only 6 miles to hotel now we are little over 30 miles. Anyone know the cost to taxi from FLL to Miami?

because of the change, you should be able to cancel. Look into booking your own flight to MIA.

Cost for taxi or towncar is around $70- $80.

Shuttles available for $15 or $20 pp

Gary, you've given me quite a startle. I'm flying Air Tran (which is what I think you mean - there used to be an airline called ATA but they went out of business a few years ago). But I checked the schedule and apparently Air Tran is still flying from Baltimore to Miami, not FLL. Good luck with your arrangements - and we'll see you in November!

If cost is an issue, you can take a free shuttle from FLL airport to the Tri-Rail station. Take the train from FLL to MIA for around $5 per person, and then a free shuttle to MIA airport from there. Then your hotel shuttle could pick you up at MIA airport (unless they are willing to pick you up at the tri-rail station...?). Sounds like a lot of work, but it's not really bad. You can go to www.tri-rail.com for schedules and more info!

If cost is an issue, you can take a free shuttle from FLL airport to the Tri-Rail station. Take the train from FLL to MIA for around $5 per person, and then a free shuttle to MIA airport from there. Then your hotel shuttle could pick you up at MIA airport (unless they are willing to pick you up at the tri-rail station...?). Sounds like a lot of work, but it's not really bad. You can go to www.tri-rail.com for schedules and more info!

Not very practical on weekends. Trains don't run very frequently and the shuttle from the airport calls for a 45 minute wait from the time they drop you off til the southbound train arrives. And that's provided that you can make the shuttle. In my situation I would need to take a cab to the Tri-Rail station.

Thanks!!! Rate on SAS is $13.. just checked with them..

AirTrans _ATA is dropping Miami in OCT. They use to be the Fun Jet Line to Vegas.. Look forward to seeing eveyone in Nov..

ATA and AirTran Airways are completely different/unrelated airlines (and as mentioned ATA no longer exists). AirTran will no longer be flying MDY(Midway Airport in Chicago) to MIA (Miami), but they still will have a presence in MIA for routes involving other cities. They offer one stop service from MDY to FLL (Ft. Lauderdale).

We took a cab and paid $40 bucks plus tip to the Marriott in down on the water.

The cab ride took about 30 min.;

Oh almost forgot our cab was actually from the Cruise Terminal and not the airport in Fort Lauderdale.

A shuttle or 30 min cab ride is so so so much easier and less complicated!:eek:

Thanks all and yes..LOL.. Sorry for the mis understanding on air lines..anyway looking forward to all that will be on board with us..KEEP THE COLD ONES COMING!!!!!!!!

No need to apologize. I just made my post to clarify things for others reading the thread. Somebody else flying Air Tran to Miami (from a city other than Chicago) may have become alarmed thinking that their flight was now going to FLL instead as well. Also, when I saw your post I immediately checked some travel websites for you to compare the fare you had to fares on other airlines to try and find a flight into Miami for you at a comprable choice and to see if the airline you booked on was offering any type of transportation from FLL to MIA - so I also was clarifying the correct airline in case others were also doing some research on this. Unfortunately I was not able to find you a cheaper fare - you did get a great rate and SAS Shuttle is not too much money, so you are in good shape.

Have a great trip. :)

Air Trans is what I meant..I know ATA is gone..SORRY!!

WIll use SAS>> Thanks

Thanks all and yes..LOL.. Sorry for the mis understanding on air lines..anyway looking forward to all that will be on board with us..KEEP THE COLD ONES COMING!!!!!!!!

OK I'm going to verify EXACTLY what you mean. To the best of my knowledge ATA is gone. I have never heard of Air Trans. Do you mean Air Tran?

ATA and AirTran Airways are completely different/unrelated airlines (and as mentioned ATA no longer exists). AirTran will no longer be flying MDY(Midway Airport in Chicago) to MIA (Miami), but they still will have a presence in MIA for routes involving other cities. They offer one stop service from MDY to FLL (Ft. Lauderdale).

Just a clarification to your clarification...the airport code for Chicago Midway is MDW...MDY is on Midway Island, a US territory near the International Date Line. :)

Archived