Tipping/room services

Jdover

I brought $60 in $2 bills. I tipped $2 for breakfast for 2 and I tipped $4 for dinner for 2. We were in a suite so we could order dinner off the dinning room menu (so there were a lot of plates!). If I would have been ordering small things (not so many plates) I would have just tipped the $2.

Hope this helps.

Just a personal opinion depending on what we order but if it 's breakfast for the two of us, usually $3.00..don't forget you can also write in some items (I have never been denied) last cruise (Aug 11th) wrote in Toast and Oatmeal..DH wrote in pancakes one day....Great way to start off the port day early with a balcony breakfast..They will call you before it arrives and they are punctual.....

Tip according to how much they have to carry....a pot of coffee, $1....a full dinner for 2, $5 or so.

Use REAL money...they really don't like $2 bills...they are hard to spend in some of the ports where they shop. Same with gold $1 coins....you wouldn't want to get them as payment...neither do they!

I brought $60 in $2 bills. I tipped $2 for breakfast for 2 and I tipped $4 for dinner for 2. We were in a suite so we could order dinner off the dinning room menu (so there were a lot of plates!). If I would have been ordering small things (not so many plates) I would have just tipped the $2.

Hope this helps.

Just to let you know that those $2 bills are difficult to use in some places as people think they are fake. I had one crew member say that they had a hard time using them in the ports.

We have also heard it is hard to cash $2 bills. The tip what has been mentioned. To my understanding, after midnight the tip is automatically added.

A $3.95 service charge is applied for room service (light snacks only) between midnight and 5:00am..I would however and this is JMHO still tip anyone who brings food to my door at that time especially..some can consider the service charge the tip...personal choice ;)

Archived