Altun Ha excursion suggestions and opinions...

Embre

My sister and I are making port in Belize in January, we intend on visiting Altun Ha and are trying to decide between a combination of the Ruins and city tour or the Ruins and River Wallace. Any opinions on which option to choose?

As well as opinions on which excursion combination, anyone have any local tour guide suggestions? I have looked briefly at Island Marketting, but would appreciate any input you may have for private local companies.

Thanks

My sister and I are making port in Belize in January, we intend on visiting Altun Ha and are trying to decide between a combination of the Ruins and city tour or the Ruins and River Wallace. Any opinions on which option to choose?

As well as opinions on which excursion combination, anyone have any local tour guide suggestions? I have looked briefly at Island Marketting, but would appreciate any input you may have for private local companies.

Thanks

My vote would be to stay away from the city tour....Not much to see thatyou cant see in a $10 cab ride.

I'm booking the Altun Ha and River Wallace tour with Carnival. This is one of the few times I'm going to use their excursion. Since the ruins are so far from the port I would be paranoid about running late and missing the last tender.

I chose the ruins and boat tour over the ruins and city tour becuase the river part sounded neat. Plus I liked the idea of getting Belize type food at the lunch stop (not included in the price).

By all means, the River tour! The countryside is beautiful and scenic, the city-not so much. Bring a hat and bug spray and enjoy the view and the wildlife. For this trip- I recommend booking a ship tour. It's an all day trip to do both and you don't want to risk missing the ship.

We did the same tour (on a Princess cruise) and really enjoyed the trip- bumpy road and all!

Archived