Back from cruise...;-) Belize snorkeling..waste of money!

Hollyfromtampa

We are back from our Cruise with the Carnival Legend and there is not mutch to complain about...we booked a cabin with extended balcony and we used it a lot, for us it was perfekt.:) We didn´t like all the activity on board, but there were a couple of shows and entertaintment we really enjoyed.:rolleyes:

Marcus Anthony! great performer and we watched his show twice, we skipped the dinner and later we went to the lidodeck, there is allways some good going on at the buffet.

Grand Cayman was nice, we explored it and walked to EdenRock for snorkeling, they have lockers for 5 Dollars.

Shopping is not my favorite activity, the Cruisediamantshoppinggirl give you tons of coupons for Diamant International, Tanzanit International and so on...on every Island the same stores....I love to find little craftmarkets and buy real local things and you can find it!

Cozumel was the second port, we went off the ship and you see the same stores again. We took a taxi to downtown 7 Dollar! and walked around and shoped local! Later we walked to Sand Dollar Sports, Bar and Restaurant and snorkelingsite. Locker was 2 Dollars and snorcel on your own is free and what you see is...well ...ok, but nothing really exciting.:o

Roatan was....same shopping situation, very clean, very nice, we just went to the beach and there is this really lovley beach, sunchairs for everybody.

We snorcel a little bit, but nothing really to see, but then we went behind the pier on the end of the beach and there is the most stunning, beautiful reef and we were surprised that nobody mentioned it or we didn´t see that thread. :eek:Wow, what a great reef and fishes and we were in the water for 2 hours just wonderful!

For Belize we booked the Belize Reef and Beachvisit. I can tell you thats a waste of money. Everything so far was going smooth and good organized,

the tourgides all nice and friendly. Plenty of masks and flippers in all sizes. You get free sodas and rumrunner on the boat, but at 8.30 am (shiptime)I dont drink so much rumrunner. The boatride was about 25 minutes and than you have 1 hour for snorcel! But really not so much to see, after Roatan it was :( well not good at all.

Being back on the boat they bring you to the beach, you have 1,5 hours and at 12.30 pm we were back on the ship!! Hellooo 79.00 Dollars each for that? And the reef wasnt really exciting!

Oh and the people who visit Belizetown, guess what...same stores like the other islands...:rolleyes: For what I saw, the jewelrystores are not cheaper than any other store in the states. I really want to buy pearl necklace or silverjewelry but honestly....you find better handcrafted jewelry on etsy.

There is a store who sell handbeaded jewelry with sweetwaterpearls to a really good price and so I didnt buy anything on the islands.

All in all it was a nice trip, we will do it again, maybe in 3 or 4 years, but the next trip is to Cozumel by plane and explore this really nice island.

Have a nice evening

HollyfromTampa

I did a city tour of Belize and its the only excursion I couldnt wait for it to end. I felt uncomfortable, didnt like the tour guide, hadnt realize you need both a driver and tour guide (for 2 of us) by their laws, what a rip off.

Belize was scary and not much scares me. Bars on windows of all the houses, narrow streets, just seemed like a place where their must be a lot of crime. Even the governor's house had bars on the windows.

People who went out into the country were much happier.

I agree, waste of money. Iv walked into Montego Bay and progresso and costa maya and get out and about ... never bothered me except Belize scared me.

years ago in Belize, we took a tour bus to a dock about an hour from the city. Boarded speed boats for a trip up the river to the Mayan ruins of Lamani. It was so hot. But what a fabulous day. Had a Mayan lunch of chicken and ice cold sodas on the beach, then a short stop at a small museum run by the Royal Ontario Museum and then into the jungle to see the pyramid..Fantastic..Would do it again in a heartbeat..My photos of the pyramid were so good, I enlarged one and its hanging on the living room wall..

We are not much beach people and hubby doesn't swim, so we go for the cultural stuff..

Dona

Archived