Photos...?

gmastr85

Hello! Just wondering if anyone knows a little about the photos onboard. I really don't want to get photos printed and have them ruined in my luggage on the way home. Will they sell you the files on a usb drive, etc... ??? I'd rather just have the files and print them myself. I don't really care if there is an extra charge or anything. It would just be nice to have them and do them myself. Thank you!!!

Just back yesterday from cruise and the price is $299 for all your pics taken the entire cruise on a cd so you can print from home.

We thought the price was steep too.

I had wanted a picture taken of my son on the last day of the cruise and to my surprise they were not taking any pictures the last day so they said I could do a private photography session for my son at the cost of $375 just for the photographer:eek: so needless to say we didn't get that pic :( and RCCL did not get that definite sale. So sad.

We have generally had no problem when taking photos home. We’ve put then inside a magazine near the bottom of the suitcase and they have been fine. You can scan and reprint in any size. In fact, there is a site where you can get a free release in case your photo store requires it.

M

Wait until the last night, pick through the photos for the best of the best and look at the package prices. We've never had a problem with photos getting damaged. We put them in the covers they provide when you purchase them and then put them in a LARGE zip lock, just in case our suitcase sits on the dock getting drenched in rain (only happened once). They were well protected, not wrinkled and survived in mint condition. The photos are pricey so we only choose a couple of them now. On the first cruise, we were their best customer/sucker (LOL). Now, we are very selective. Some of them were so HORRIBLE we tossed them in the trash as soon as they showed up. We scan them at home and put them on a CD ourselves.

We just got off the Freedom and they had a morning show each morning. I heard them talk about getting your photos on a CD for 299. I should have known better, but my brain wasn't working properly, I kept thinking that was a great deal for $2.99. Of course, I had the decimel in the wrong place and it was $299. Being not such a great deal, I passed on that.

For $299.00, they better give me my own personal photographer to follow me around for my whole trip....

We usually wait til the last full day, find ALL our pics and spread them out...and then just choose 1 or 2... Our "formal nite pics" are so unrealistic for us...we much more tend to choose the casuals-where we're rolling around on the floor having fun...they tend to show the "real" us...

OK, I'm going to be one of the fools buying the $299 cd! I'm going on a family cruise with 8 of us. We all chip in and the price isn't all that bad;0 I would like to know how many photos they fix onto the cd. Don't know if it matters but we'll be on the 4 night Monarch. How many photo ops are there? Thanks and Happy Cruising!!!!

OK, I'm going to be one of the fools buying the $299 cd! I'm going on a family cruise with 8 of us. We all chip in and the price isn't all that bad;0 I would like to know how many photos they fix onto the cd. Don't know if it matters but we'll be on the 4 night Monarch. How many photo ops are there? Thanks and Happy Cruising!!!!

Agree that if traveling with a large family group that this would make sense - depending on how many pix are on the CD. The last family cruise I spent almost $200 on pictures...and we had to really pick and choose with the ones of the kids and the group. So if I can get all of my pictures on a CD for $300 bucks, then I am right there with you in that line!

I would think that the person paying for it would need to be in each picture for it to qualify, but I could be wrong. (I.e., pictures of just your kids wouldn't be on it if you buy it.

Not quite the same but we have used our "free photo" coupon many times to pick up a picture of/for our traveling companions or table mates. We were not in the pictures.

Just a guess..if they are scanning the Sea Pass card then all the pictures could in fact end up in the same folder. Again just a guess.

No kids on this cruise. Just my mom, my brother, my sisters and spouses. And I'm the youngest at 36 :0 From what I have read they do group shots and that is what we are looking for. Also if the scan my seapass because I've set everything up they will put smaller group photos on the CD. Not sure if they will but hoping. I'm also not sure if they will do different shot like before dinner or is it one shot you're done deal? We think it will work out and if anyone knows more about how they do the pics let me know. My only other cruise I never had them take my pic or looked at how they do it. I guess you live and learn or just ask CC!!!! Happy Cruising and thanks Again

I wish they sold individual photos on disk... even if it was $5 extra per photo or something. I don't want to purchase a whole disk... maybe just 2 or 3 photos. I guess they won't be getting my money. I can see where $299 could be affordable if you had a big group splitting the cost. But for a couple it is not. It's not that I won't have the money, just that I'd rather spend it other ways.. Plus I have my own camera I'll just ask people to take our photos and save the $299 for my next cruise. Thank you everyone for your replies!!!

Archived