Star Clipper Sailing Feb 12,2011 Treasure Island

Barnacle Bob

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of recomendations if you do not already have hotel and car rental in St Martin. We are arriving a few days early.

We are staying at Love Beach Hotel at Grand Case. This is a seven room hotel. We rented Suite 7 which has a private balcony. Looks like a interesting place right on the beach in the best restaurant area on St Martin.

http://www.love-sxm.com/love/ACCUEIL_GB.html

We are also using GCL Car Rental best deal we could find. They say they will pick us up at airport and take us to hotel and then take us to ship at no extra charge.

http://www.gclcarrental.com/

If you are going to St. Kitts I would suggest Rose and Jim's Taxi for tours. We used them off in 1989 and they were one of the best tours we have been on.

http://www.roseandjimstaxi.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We will be arriving in St Maarten the week before our Feb 26th trip, just as you return from yours. We will have internet so I hope that if you experienced anything special or important, you will share it in that first week that you return home. Have a great time!

Hi Bob!

I'm on the same cruise out of St Maarten on 12th Feb. Really looking forward to it, it will be my 2nd time on the Flyer. Heading out to St Martin next weekend and staying at the Radisson Blu with my family (6 in total). Sounds like your a bit of a regular on the Clipper scene! What have you got planned for St Kitts?

Cheers

NI Cruiser

NI

Great I am glad someone has posted on the same trip. This will be our 4th cruise on Star Clipper line. We also been on 5 trips on the old Windjammer one of which was in 1989 on the same itenerary. In St. Kitts we are taking a tour with the same guide that we used in 1989

That should be great We are going with another couple who have not sailed before. What is your first name and we can see if we can connect aboard. We are arriving in St. Martin on Wed and staying in Grand Case

Hi Bob

Just look out for the N.Irish/English/Dutch family at the tropical bar!! I'm Jason, should I just look out for a Bob!! The rest of my family have done St Kitts so I'm trying to decide what trip to do with my wife, any tips?

Cheers

NI Cruiser

I have heard that the train is a good excursion. If you are interested I could see if our tour guide could take 2 more. There are 4 of us going and he was really really good the last time we used him. We are saying to him take us anywhere you want. The only place that the ladies want to see for sure is Carabille batik. Let me know if you have any interest and I could check it out.

Yes it is Bob & Lesley and we will also be at the tropical bar. My wife is also from England

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the useful information posted here. I have booked the 26 March departure on the Treasure Islands itinerary.

But I have one question: does anybody know at what time the ship arrives and leaves at the different ports? I understand that this is some kind of flexible, but I was wondering if the ship was sometimes staying in places until later in the evening (i.e. allowing you to have diner on shore, etc.)

thanks a lot in advance for any information on this

best regards

Luc

Jhosy83,

It is kind of weird that SC doesn't post the times of arrival and departure--even on your cruise documents. I know the problem is they don't want to be "held" to these times based on sailing times etc--as with any cruise ship. Most big cruise ships will post their time schedule. I have found you can get a copy directly from SC Miami, or on the ship (from the Purser). They have the "soft" times quite awhile before departure/arrival because they have to make port arrangements. I've gotten the times more than 6 months out. I just want to get a semi-idea of how long we are in port so I know what to plan--I know things might change, so I don't make any unrefundable plans.

Amby21

We will be on the Star Clipper for both the 5 March and 12 March cruises so we will see you when you board.

This will be our 5th cruise on Star Clipper line so if you have any questions not already answered somewhere on this site I will be happy to help.

You can contact me directly at robbiemail21@yahoo.com

Robbie

Archived