Carnival Dream Questions

I had some questions about the carnival dream.

What types of activities & entertainment are available?

What free food venue choices are there? Do most have limited hours?

Do they have the fish & chips venue that some of the carnival ships do?

The activities are a bit too numerous to list but if you have ever been on any other carnival cruise they are about the same...

Food venues they have the dining room, the deli, the pizza place, the mongolian wok, the mexican area and the indian station along with the buffet. I did not see a fish and chips place. They also have sushi around dinner time...I think that is it...I am sure someone will let me know if I am wrong.

The most limited hours are the mongolian wok, the mexican station and the sushi...the first 2 only being available during lunch the latter being only available during dinner.

The activities are a bit too numerous to list but if you have ever been on any other carnival cruise they are about the same...

Food venues they have the dining room, the deli, the pizza place, the mongolian wok, the mexican area and the indian station along with the buffet. I did not see a fish and chips place. They also have sushi around dinner time...I think that is it...I am sure someone will let me know if I am wrong.

The most limited hours are the mongolian wok, the mexican station and the sushi...the first 2 only being available during lunch the latter being only available during dinner.

No fish and Chips but there is the Pasta Bar which is amazing!

Deli is from 11 AM to 11 PM. I ate here SEVERAL times on my cruise on the beautiful Dream. My favorite was the pastrami & corned beef combo, YUM! Pizza & room service is 24 hours, but they do have a midnight buffet of snacks on the Lido Deck.

To clarify on dining options.. you have the main dining room (breakfast, lunch & dinner served), The Gathering buffett (breakfast, lunch & dinner served), Mongolian Wok (stir-fry), Burrito Bar (FANTASTIC!), The Grill & Pizza (4 different kinds of pizza, hot dogs, nachos, burgers, fries), Tandoori (Indian food), The Pasta Bar (Deck 11, FANTASTIC!), and Sushi is served 5-8 I believe (Great California rolls).

Of course there is the speciality restaraunt, Chef's Art Steakhouse for a nominal fee of $30 per person. You'll get the best steak & cheesecake ever there!! Its worth the extra charge.

• 1 year later...
Deli is from 11 AM to 11 PM. I ate here SEVERAL times on my cruise on the beautiful Dream. My favorite was the pastrami & corned beef combo, YUM! Pizza & room service is 24 hours, but they do have a midnight buffet of snacks on the Lido Deck.

To clarify on dining options.. you have the main dining room (breakfast, lunch & dinner served), The Gathering buffett (breakfast, lunch & dinner served), Mongolian Wok (stir-fry), Burrito Bar (FANTASTIC!), The Grill & Pizza (4 different kinds of pizza, hot dogs, nachos, burgers, fries), Tandoori (Indian food), The Pasta Bar (Deck 11, FANTASTIC!), and Sushi is served 5-8 I believe (Great California rolls).

Of course there is the speciality restaraunt, Chef's Art Steakhouse for a nominal fee of $30 per person. You'll get the best steak & cheesecake ever there!! Its worth the extra charge.

Thanks so much Jennifer. It's very helpful to know as much as you can ahead of time. I've been on the liberty and freedom so I know this one will be great.

Have a great day

To anyone who has been on dream lately what night would you suggest a person do the steakhouse. We are meat and potato people and don't want to miss lobster night. Any suggestions

If you are able to go on the first night, you get a free bottle of wine.

Is the midnight buffet of snacks located in The Gathering?

I think I remember someone posting here that on Dream at a certain time of the day they serve salads at the Sushi Bar. Is this true? What time is this available and is it only on sea days?

Also, we sailed on Dream in 2010 and somehow we missed the Lanai bbq. Which day/time is this?

Thanks!

I think I remember someone posting here that on Dream at a certain time of the day they serve salads at the Sushi Bar. Is this true? What time is this available and is it only on sea days?

Also, we sailed on Dream in 2010 and somehow we missed the Lanai bbq. Which day/time is this?

Thanks!

Lunchtime on sea days I believe.

I had some questions about the carnival dream.

What types of activities & entertainment are available?

What free food venue choices are there? Do most have limited hours?

Do they have the fish & chips venue that some of the carnival ships do?

Hi! Here's a link to my copies of the Fun Times for 7/7-7/14, which can likely answer your questions: http://kimberlydenz.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/resources-updated-fun-times/

Have fun!

Hi! Here's a link to my copies of the Fun Times for 7/7-7/14, which can likely answer your questions: http://kimberlydenz.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/resources-updated-fun-times/

Have fun!

We are going on our 1st ever cruise on the Dream and I want to thankyou for the link to the copy of Fun Times. I kept telling hubby about all the fun things to do...hey look at this or hey we can do this, very informative!:)

We are going on our 1st ever cruise on the Dream and I want to thankyou for the link to the copy of Fun Times. I kept telling hubby about all the fun things to do...hey look at this or hey we can do this, very informative!:)

You're welcome! Have a great cruise!

Thanks again for the Fun Times, I'm not sailing for 445 days but its nice to live vicariously :)

flipendo, I also wanted to thank you for those fun times.

Awww, you guys are most welcome! :)

Have fun!

Thanks for the link! We sail on the Dream in 3 weeks! First time for my kids and first time for me on a Carnival ship (not like I've been on many :o). Was wondering if you found you had enough time in Costa Maya to get off the ship and do something.. 7am to 2pm seems short especially when the dock time is sooo early. I can get up that early but not sure my daughters would be up for it. Thoughts or recommendations for activities on this port stop? At the moment I'm flip-flopping between Nohoch Kay AI and Tropicante...not too keen to stay on board since the next day is a sea day anyway...thanks in advance!

Have fun!

Thanks so much. Do you know anything about where you can get soda late night or if you can order the soda card online or prior to a cruise?

Archived