Carnival Dream Questions

Thanks for the link! We sail on the Dream in 3 weeks! First time for my kids and first time for me on a Carnival ship (not like I've been on many :o). Was wondering if you found you had enough time in Costa Maya to get off the ship and do something.. 7am to 2pm seems short especially when the dock time is sooo early. I can get up that early but not sure my daughters would be up for it. Thoughts or recommendations for activities on this port stop? At the moment I'm flip-flopping between Nohoch Kay AI and Tropicante...not too keen to stay on board since the next day is a sea day anyway...thanks in advance!

You're welcome! We spent the day at the Tropicante. We got off the ship around 9-ish, then left the port area, walked to the Hard Rock, then got a taxi. We snorkeled and got massages and tried to make the most of the super short day. We left at 10 minutes to 1 pm to ensure we would be back on board by 1:30. I should have a blog post up about it tomorrow, but feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks so much. Do you know anything about where you can get soda late night or if you can order the soda card online or prior to a cruise?

Hi! We didn't get a soda card, so I don't know if you can buy them online. I did see people using them at the bars on the Lido deck during the late night movies, if that helps! Our friends bought their son a soda card once we boarded on the first day.

Thanks so much. Do you know anything about where you can get soda late night or if you can order the soda card online or prior to a cruise?

Wait to buy the soda card on the ship and wait until we reach international waters because if you buy when you first board, you will pay taxes on the card. You can get soda at any bar on the ship by presenting the soda card. Have a wonderful cruise. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Wait to buy the soda card on the ship and wait until we reach international waters because if you buy when you first board, you will pay taxes on the card. You can get soda at any bar on the ship by presenting the soda card. Have a wonderful cruise. ;)

Thanks kittycrusin08 for the info. I'm sure I will have a blast.

Is the pasta bar open when you first get on the ship? I've heard it's best to go early as it gets more and more crowded throughout the week. Thanks!

yes it is and I would definitely go there, less people and a short wait and the food is fresh

If i remember correct and they still do it they have a barbecue on the lanai during sea days. They have sliders and meat on a stick and great sides. I had it every day they had it:Dwe will be back on her in April 03, cannot wait for those days

Do they have a strict dress code for the formal nights? If so what is it for both ladies n gents?

It's not strict. Business casual to highly dressed up is what you'll see. Many people in prom dresses and suits. Some people in casual slacks and polo shirts. They just don't want to see shorts, jeans, flip flops, bathing suits and such in the dining room on formal nights.

If you don't want to dress up you can always eat at the buffet on Lido. We do this on 7 night cruises where you have two formal nights and we don't want to pack that many outfits.

Archived