Will we like Princess??

jdfloyd

We are avid Carnival fans. Usually sailing on 77,000 ton ships. We have a chance to sail Caribbean Princess in late April. The ship sounds fantastic and we like the ports of call.

How is princess for upgrades if you book a gty? What about food and service? Is there any recent Caribbean Princess reviews?

Thanks!

Lots of Caribbean Princess reviews around if you look at the review pages.

Well, we have sailed both lines and are not big Carnival fans to start off, too much glitz for our taste. But I think you will love the CP in comparison. We have always found the food, service and ships to be better than any of the Carnival ships we have sailed on.

Lots to do on this ship compared to some of the smaller Princess ships.

As for upgrades, there is no rhyme or reason to these on any line. It is the luck of the computer draw. But I seem to see better upgrades when lower cabins are booked in gurantee status then if you book a balcony cabin or above. Remember, a real upgrade is to a totally differet type of cabin and not within the same cabin type. inside to inside is not a true upgrade but inside to outside is! :D

If you sail on the CP I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

If you are used to "Fantasy class ships", I think you will be pleased with Princess. I much prefer my Princess sailings to my Fascination cruise. I am sort of anxious to try one of Carnival's newer ships - I have heard good reviews about them.

In my honest opinion, it will depend upon the type of person you are: if you're the type who wants everything on the new cruise line to be exactly like that on your preferred line, you will probably be disappointed. If you're the type who can't wait to see what each new line or ship has to offer, you'll likely have a fantastic time.

I've said it before: any cruise will be only as good as you choose to make it!

Well said (above).

If you LOVE carnival, I am not going to say that you will love Princess greater. My personal preference is Princess over Carnival, but there are some things that Carnival does better. It's all a matter of personal taste.

Archived