Insurance Question

prim8keeper

We are going on a celebrity cruise next fall in the Caribbean and I plan on pre-paying for everything we are doing with the ship (excursions, specialty restaurants, gratuities, etc.) and I was curious if I needed to insure the cost of that stuff as well, or just the cabin? I realize if you get past the final payment point they will not refund you the money for your cabin, but can they also keep the money for services they technically didn't provide or you could just have ordered on the cruise and charged to your room?

We are going on a celebrity cruise next fall in the Caribbean and I plan on pre-paying for everything we are doing with the ship (excursions, specialty restaurants, gratuities, etc.) and I was curious if I needed to insure the cost of that stuff as well, or just the cabin? I realize if you get past the final payment point they will not refund you the money for your cabin, but can they also keep the money for services they technically didn't provide or you could just have ordered on the cruise and charged to your room?

Only insure trip expenses that are non-refundable. The items you list are usually refundable in the event of a cancellation so you wouldn't insure them but to be safe check with your travel agent or the cruise line.

Archived