Anyone been on Carnival recently with a child under 2?

cherishrwil

I'm wondering if anyone has been on Carnival recently that has a child under 2 that used the under 2's playtime on the ship? I'm trying to figure out when the playtime is on sea days, 12-2pm or 8-10am? I know it used to be 12-2pm but I've heard it might have changed recently to 8-10am. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

I went on the Carnival Glory this past August and it was 8-10AM on sea days. Port day (we only had one) was babysitting (including under 2's) until noon I think. One day, they had a bear cuddly workshop that was open to all ages from 3-5 and that was fun for my 21 month old. There was also a Funship Freddy family party the first night around 7 which was great (if you child is still awake) in the disco.

They do have under 2's babysitting for $6/hour starting at 10PM every night if you need that.

I went on the Carnival Glory this past August and it was 8-10AM on sea days. Port day (we only had one) was babysitting (including under 2's) until noon I think. One day, they had a bear cuddly workshop that was open to all ages from 3-5 and that was fun for my 21 month old. There was also a Funship Freddy family party the first night around 7 which was great (if you child is still awake) in the disco.

They do have under 2's babysitting for $6/hour starting at 10PM every night if you need that.

Thank you, this helps! We will also be on the Glory next month. Where did they have the under 2's if Camp Carnival starts at 9am? How did you like the camp staff and the facilities for the kids? Did you leave your child during the babysitting hours and if so did you like it and did they? Thanks again!

No problem, the family time under 2's is at the camp. They have a 2-5yo room. The camp would then start at 10AM. I recommend you go to the CC orientation the first night to find out everything & they'll give you a detailed schedule.

The camp staff was great! Exceeded my expectation and eased my fears. I also had 3 yr old twins with me that did the camp. I did not leave my 21 month old for babysitting because he is very clingy to me and we also brought along our own sitter that stayed with him at night. Had he not been clingy, I would have definitely used the babysitting. When I picked my other 2 up every night they were laying in sleeping bags, very very organized etc. I saw them taking care of a 14 month old for babysitting and they assigned one person to watch her, very good care, great activities, you will be pleased! Have a great trip!

No problem, the family time under 2's is at the camp. They have a 2-5yo room. The camp would then start at 10AM. I recommend you go to the CC orientation the first night to find out everything & they'll give you a detailed schedule.

The camp staff was great! Exceeded my expectation and eased my fears. I also had 3 yr old twins with me that did the camp. I did not leave my 21 month old for babysitting because he is very clingy to me and we also brought along our own sitter that stayed with him at night. Had he not been clingy, I would have definitely used the babysitting. When I picked my other 2 up every night they were laying in sleeping bags, very very organized etc. I saw them taking care of a 14 month old for babysitting and they assigned one person to watch her, very good care, great activities, you will be pleased! Have a great trip!

That is great, thank you! We have a 14 mo. old and a 5 year old so the oldest will be going to camp. Not sure if we will leave the little one for the babysitting especially since they both go to bed early but I guess we will see. Thanks again for the info.

So the under 2 playtime is where an adult goes with the child & stays there? My son was considering bringing his baby on a Carnival cruise but was told he must pay the 3rd person rate, same as an adult, but there would not be any program for her until she was at least 2 yrs. old. Babysitting at night for a fee.

So the under 2 playtime is where an adult goes with the child & stays there? My son was considering bringing his baby on a Carnival cruise but was told he must pay the 3rd person rate, same as an adult, but there would not be any program for her until she was at least 2 yrs. old. Babysitting at night for a fee.

During the under 2 playtime you can either go with your child to play or you can leave them to be babysat for a fee, which I think is like $6/hr and also after 10pm there is babysitting as well. Yes, there are no special rates for children just 3rd and 4th person rates which is what we are paying for our 2 kids.

Archived