Beverage Package

Does anyone realize that Royal Caribbean requires 50 passengers in a group to be able to qualify to purchase a beverage package? (Does not include the wine packages.) Norwegian Cruise Lines only requires a group of 20 to qualify to purchase a drink package....and their sister line Celebrity...you don't even have to be in a group!!! Why doesn't RCCL keep up with their competitors....would they rather they just keep loosing revenue with people sneaking on alcohol????

:confused:

Whatever........:rolleyes:

It's people like you that ruin this site. If you are not interested in the subject keep your opinion to yourself and reply to a thread that you do have an interest in. Or find something better to do with your time! This board is for legitimate discussion, not people looking to make nasty comments about what other people post!!!

I know they are, but eventually people will realize this and start cruising with other cruise lines.

Seriously, I don't think it will affect all that many cruisers. I've looked at Celebrity's packages and figured, factoring in time spent in port when I'm not drinking, I would have to drink a whole lot more than I currently do to break even.

• 3 weeks later...

The beverage package on Celebrity is most definately NOT worth it unless you are essentially planning on not leaving the boat and just sipping cocktails all day long. For our Mediterranian Cruise it would have been around 500+ per person for the drink package - Yikes! We were exploring too much and ended up spending not anywhere NEAR that total for our cruise. The water package, however, was AMAZING and I will definately do that again! I believe it was 12$ a day for all you can drink HUGE water bottles, the liter sized ones. We would get quite a few for our daily excursions, keep them frozen, and they would thaw and be perfect all day. That way we didnt have to worry about the "quality" of water in any of the ports we visited. Does anyone know if RCCL does anything similar to this?

I'm really surprised they require group purchasing... Boo! :rolleyes:

The beverage package on Celebrity is most definately NOT worth it unless you are essentially planning on not leaving the boat and just sipping cocktails all day long. For our Mediterranian Cruise it would have been around 500+ per person for the drink package - Yikes! We were exploring too much and ended up spending not anywhere NEAR that total for our cruise. The water package, however, was AMAZING and I will definately do that again! I believe it was 12$ a day for all you can drink HUGE water bottles, the liter sized ones. We would get quite a few for our daily excursions, keep them frozen, and they would thaw and be perfect all day. That way we didnt have to worry about the "quality" of water in any of the ports we visited. Does anyone know if RCCL does anything similar to this?

I'm really surprised they require group purchasing... Boo! :rolleyes:

A water package is available. See here

Of course, you can also purchase a couple of large bottles of water and when you finish them, just refill from the sink in your room. Saves a lot of money. Remember that RCCL generally will not allow you to bring beverages on board, so finish all water before boarding to avoid losing your container.

Archived