"LOWER TWIN BED" on 1A convertible?

xerenthar

no such thing for 1As ... so Im thinking you are mistaking something somewhere .. could you give a cabin # and ship and maybe we can clear this up?

Some 1As have ONE twin bed and ONE convertible sofa (the pillows come off the back). The sofa is slightly lower than the twin bed and usually at a 90 degree angle in the ones Iv had .. maybe you were told the twin and sofa dont convert to one king bed by someone and thats what you are talking about? One lower twin means just that. You will have one twin which does not convert to a king size, if there is no other twin in the cabin to push together.

There are some HC cabins I know of where the twins say they dont convert ..but these are not 1As .. so thats why Im thinking you are confused

On the Conquest, 6227, 6224, 1435, and 1212 are "Lower Twin Beds", while 2207, 2208, 2211, 2212, 2216, and 2217 are "Non Converting Twins."

2211 I am 100% positive is one twin and one convertible sofa...where are you seeing this non converting twins .. no twins involved.

I know because I was in this cabin on Conquest for a week. I have also been in 6393 on Conquest which is two twins that do push together to make a king. I will be in 8357 which again is two twins that convert to a king.

The two in the front of deck 6, I forgot to go look at, and avoided them, because I believe they are bunks, but did not see them with my own eyes.

Your descriptions still dont make much sense .. convert to what?? How can you convert one twin to anything? I have never seen that description, but I know what beds are in many of these cabins on conquest from my own cruises.

I think this thread might help you if you want descriptions of cabins that are 1As.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087&highlight=2462

it's on the booking website i am on...

link is great, thanks!

now the question is do i do 6227/6224 (the other 1As all seem to be by the elevators), or for $60 more, have two twins that convert to a king, but are down on Riviera deck...

Cruisedeckplans has pictures of 6224 on Liberty and the beds are one twin and convertible couch. So 6227 would be the same. EM

Archived