Just Adding My 2 Cent Review of the Caribbean Princess/Canada New England!!

Cruising Jedi

Can anyone tell me who the entertainers on the ship are currently? I'm headed there on 10/16. I was just on the ship for the Caribbean in May, and wonder if they're all the same. My mother did the Canada/NE cruise last fall and at least some of the entertainers were indeed the same as the previous May... that would be unfortunate, except there was a gentleman who performed at Crooner's who was quite good (although I doubt I'll ever get there early enough to get a seat).

You will not get a seat at Crooners. He was fabulous! He did a show in Princess theatre. But there was always a mob at Crooners. I recommend that they give him a bigger venue.

Sounds like the same performer, then. :) I actually DID get a seat once in May! It was a port day, I came back to the ship early and showered and was dressed before the ship even left port. Planted myself at Crooner's while it was still nearly empty and sipped my martinis slowly - so I was still there when he started. Unfortunately, since I hadn't had dinner yet, I couldn't stay too long - by the time I left, there were already plenty of people standing, even though it was still very early. So someone lucked out and got my table. :-)

I doubt I'll do that again, so I will definitely have to go see him in the theater. I wasn't aware that he had a performance there, so thanks for that!

You will not get a seat at Crooners. He was fabulous! He did a show in Princess theatre. But there was always a mob at Crooners. I recommend that they give him a bigger venue.

Sounds like the same performer, then. :) I actually DID get a seat once in May! It was a port day, I came back to the ship early and showered and was dressed before the ship even left port. Planted myself at Crooner's while it was still nearly empty and sipped my martinis slowly - so I was still there when he started. Unfortunately, since I hadn't had dinner yet, I couldn't stay too long - by the time I left, there were already plenty of people standing, even though it was still very early. So someone lucked out and got my table. :-)

I doubt I'll do that again, so I will definitely have to go see him in the theater. I wasn't aware that he had a performance there, so thanks for that!

Probably Bert Stratton.

Thanks for posting your review. It makes me want to take another cruise to New England and Canada. We went eight years ago on the Golden Princess. My DH has a new job (teaching at a community college), so now we're limited to his vacation break schedule. I wish Princess did some late July cruises there that would fit his schedule. It looks like next year they start a week later than we could go (August 6).

No it wasn't Bert. We experienced Bert on the CB at Christmas years ago. We could hear him in our room was E421 just up the stairwell from Bert's piano. To this day our family has a giggle about the sounds of "Sweet Caroline..Bamp! Bamp! Bamp!".

On CB 9/11/2010 - The piano man at Crooners was Martin Kaye. He did a 10:15 "Cabaret Showtime" in the Princess Theatre on Wed. We did hear his version of "Sweet Caroline". The audience portion came with the next line= "...were so good...So Good! So Good! So Good!"

I dug out my Patters from 9/11/2010

Crooner's = Martin Kaye

party band = Exotique

musical variety = Unison

Crescenzo Verde

Sugar Cane - steel drum

Etienne - comedy juggler

Jan Szamburski

Phil Tag - comedian but we did not get to see him - migraines

DJ Kid K

DJ Sammy

Darrell Joyce - comic

Tim Triplett - hypnotist

CB orchestra did a Cole Porter tribute

Production show singers = Tracey Dawdy, Matt Morgan, Carola Eriksson, Clint Jackson

Shows = Piano Man, Do You Wanna Dance & Caribbean Caliente

Alison - Yes, I believe it was Martin Kaye! So, that's good, at least. Exotique (yuck) and Phil Tag were both also there in May, as well as the juggler (he was good - did you catch his routine in the piazza?) - but not sure about the rest. And the Cole Porter tribute sounds nice. Thanks so much for the info!

Princess422 - I did catch a little of the juggler in the piazza, unfortunately we had to hustle to the theatre. Our ship was full with 3100 passengers. So you had to be hasty to get to the shows. Martin Kaye seemed so popular that they should have moved his location to a larger venue.

The cruise was so port intensive, and we had seen the production shows on the Star; so we did not see many of the entertainers. The crew talent show was inserted for Phil Tag. It was actually quite good.

We managed to squeeze our cruise in between hurricanes. Hope you have lovely weather and smooth seas.

• 3 weeks later...
Wasn't on this particular sailing...but for our sailing in AUGUST blankets were provided the night movies. No blankets during the day. Sometimes you'd have to ask a deck attendant to get them if they weren't out, but they were always there if you went looking. Truthfully, if it's a very chilly night...you'll need more clothing, especially with the wind. Think lots of layers! :)

njdevil08,

What was the weather like on your cruise? We have booked for 20th August sailing next year and wondered what we'd need to pack. I presume it will be warm in New york and then get slightly colder as we head north? We'll need to be prepared as the weight limits are strict on our transatlantic flights. Would appreciate any suggestions, especially what will be suitable for the kids. Thanks.

Archived