any JW's here on cruise critic?

mariamherrera

Hi There,

I saw your post while looking for the friends that were cruising. I'm looking for a cruise that includes our brothers and sisters - I haven't been on a cruise since my late father (an elder) passed away, and I was on a cruise then and couldn't get off the ship to get to him in Utah. I know you don't know me from Adam but if you have any links to cruises that JW's go on or anything I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. I live in Colorado - please email me if you can help!

Edited by caligirlme
email address included - bad idea

Hi There,

I saw your post while looking for the friends that were cruising. I'm looking for a cruise that includes our brothers and sisters - I haven't been on a cruise since my late father (an elder) passed away, and I was on a cruise then and couldn't get off the ship to get to him in Utah. I know you don't know me from Adam but if you have any links to cruises that JW's go on or anything I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. I live in Colorado - please email me if you can help!

Edited by caligirlme
email address attached, bad idea

I am a brother sailing on the Norwegian epic this week starting Sunday, January 25, 2015 for back-to-back cruises ending February 8. On the second leg of my trip I will be joining about 15 other witnesses. If there are any witnesses on these cruises drop me a line and hopefully we can meet, I love meeting fellow brothers and sisters on cruises.

HI all,

we are JW's from NJ. We are planning on a cruise for January 30, 2016 on RCCL oasis of the seas.

I'm hoping to find some witnesses on here in the future for that cruise. Particularly for our son who will be 15 at the time. Or we may have to drag another family with us. lol that shouldn't be too hard.

I'm loving this post.

Nancy

Hi sister! My name is Andrea and I'm a sister from Ohio. My DH and two DS's and I go to Akron East Cong. My oldest is 14and 1/2 and youngest is 11. I wish we could join you on the Oasis for that January cruise. It would be nice if our boys could hang out with witness kids on a cruise. We're going on the FOS in December of this year. Well, have a great time on your cruise!

andiloveu sure you don't want to switch ships and months? Our boys would have fun together. well if your ever in NJ let me know It would be fun to get together.

I wish we could but we are surprising the boys with a Disney Vacation the week before the cruise since we're driving down to Florida anyways. They have been asking to go to Disney now for a while. They will be so excited when they find out. But I would love to go on the Big Ship with you all. We love cruising out of NJ. We have done it twice. It was an easy drive from Ohio. LOL Do your boys play minecraft? Mine do with a few of the kids in our area. We only have one other boy at our KH so I have to find association at other KH's. It would be nice for my boys to meet others from different areas. Well, have a great cruise!! Hope to hear from you.

I wish we could but we are surprising the boys with a Disney Vacation the week before the cruise since we're driving down to Florida anyways. They have been asking to go to Disney now for a while. They will be so excited when they find out. But I would love to go on the Big Ship with you all. We love cruising out of NJ. We have done it twice. It was an easy drive from Ohio. LOL Do your boys play minecraft? Mine do with a few of the kids in our area. We only have one other boy at our KH so I have to find association at other KH's. It would be nice for my boys to meet others from different areas. Well, have a great cruise!! Hope to hear from you.

He does mindcraft sometimes but not too often. One of the young brothers in our hall trys to get him to do . Usually he only does it when he's with him. We've never cuised out of NJ we always fly down to FL. It would be so much more cost effective if we did though. lol We have a ton of kids in our hall and there all different age's . from 1 yr to 20yrs . plus many of the surrounding halls have lots of kids.

you should come for a visit sometime. We are 10 minutes from the beach and 1hr from the city. Think about coming for a visit. We'd love to have you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I posted on the Carnival roll call side and on their general thread, then ran across this post. My husband and I, (empty-nesters) are sailing on the Carnival Freedom March 7, 2015. We are from Texas and usually sail out of Galveston or New Orleans. Anybody else on this sailing? Love to meet you. :)

He does mindcraft sometimes but not too often. One of the young brothers in our hall trys to get him to do . Usually he only does it when he's with him. We've never cuised out of NJ we always fly down to FL. It would be so much more cost effective if we did though. lol We have a ton of kids in our hall and there all different age's . from 1 yr to 20yrs . plus many of the surrounding halls have lots of kids.

you should come for a visit sometime. We are 10 minutes from the beach and 1hr from the city. Think about coming for a visit. We'd love to have you.

We would love to come for a visit. If we ever decide to make a trip I will post here and let you know. What is the name of your KH? Last month was a crazy month with weather here in Ohio. Was January bad for you all too? I auxillary pioneered in January and half way thru the month I was wondering what was I thinking. LOL I even got stuck in the ditch in the snow during service and two sisters and my son had to push me out. Oh my goodness, what a month. LOL I think I will wait till spring to auxillary pioneer again. LOL Well, have a safe rest of winter and keep warm my sister!!

Hi,

My husband and I are going on a cruise March 7 on Carnival Freedom out of Galveston. Maybe we will meet someday on a future cruise. The Freedom is new to Galveston, our most frequent homeport since we live in Texas. Our last 3 cruises we went by ourselves and didn't meet any new people, so I thought I would look here on CC but haven't had anyone respond they are on this cruise.

We had it up in the wedding chapel, since it was the only place that was quiet and semi private. Since there were so many of us we had 2 studies on Monday and then on Saturday. We couldn't fit everyone up there I guess! Add to that we met 2 people who are studying, one is a bartender who's family are all Witnesses and who is going to be leaving soon so she can get baptized [emoji4] and the second is a guy in the Caribbean band on board. It was hard to say goodbye last night! Thankfully we have Facebook and email!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats awesome!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi...

I have an NCL Star cruise Jun 05 - 12, 2015 leaving Copenhagen...

Checking in to see if anyone possibly might be as well..

Also I created a JW group (invite only) I'm thinking it will allow for more communication and connecting on cruising...

All the Best..!

Edited by galookiemac

Hi...

I have an NCL Star cruise Jun 05 - 12, 2015 leaving Copenhagen...

Checking in to see if anyone possibly might be as well..

Also I created a JW group (invite only) I'm thinking it will allow for more communication and connecting on cruising...

All the Best..!

Hi galookiemac,

Thank you for creating this thread for JW group, so exciting to be able to communicate back and forths with brothers/sisters about cruising ideas, suggestions, and possibly getting together for some cruises.

My group and I are traveling RCCL --Southern style on July 25th, 2015. Hoping to catch you and others on a cruise.

keep in touch.

Have fun cruising!:)

We have a group going on the Carnival Dream November 29th out of NO! We can't wait! Last time we went out of Galveston and had over 400 of our bros and sisters on board!

Hello Luvmy2redheads. Wow! You and your family must had a really nice time, and especially being in the company of our bros and sisters is a real treat!

Maybe we can catch up with your group one day. Have a nice time on your cruise. Never cruised Carnival, I'm sure there will be a first time! We'll see!:)

enjoy!

Hi just wondered if any other JWs on the Epic sailing from Barcelona on 24 May (not March as the title says but I can't seem to be able to edit it!)my wife and I will be travelling with our daughter 17 and mother-in-law 84 we are from the UK

Edited by stumpgrinder
Wrong month in title

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New to Boards but not new to cruising!

So happy to have found this group. My wife and I have been on several cruises but not much luck finding my brothers and sisters.

This year we're taking another Brother and his wife with us on the Breakaway. We're going to Bermuda and we're hoping to meet up with some of the friends at a Wednesday night meeting. Since we will be docked at Bermuda for 3 days, if we're lucky we'll go out in service.

Hope to be able to go on cruise with you guys one year!

• 1 month later...