Driving to port question.....

smiles32617

THANKS ya'll! That's what I needed to hear. We were going to do a park and stay but we want to be on our own time not someone else's or have to wait for a bus to fill up!.... THANKS A LOT!!!

(p.s. we are going out of Mobile, AL)

That $15 parking at the port would make me take free hotel parking... thats what Im looking for. Thats why the port parking wouldnt be as crowded as you think ... many will be thinking like I do.

Parking for a week or longer cruise is costly...We live in So. Cal and when we cruise out of San Diego, we take the train. It is about the same price, if not cheaper...(since our next 2 cruises are 8 & 9 days), than gas and parking. And no stress if there is traffic!!! A pre-cruise hotel may be less expensive, again depending on the length of the cruise.

We live in Fl so we drive everytime. We have never had a problem. They have parking right there at the port. If its a shorter cruise we park at the port if not, its usually cheaper to get a hotel room nearby that lets you park and ride the shuttle for a small fee. Its usually cheaper and you get an early start to you cruise.

We have parked without any problems in Ft Lauderdale, Miami and Pt canaveral.

However prices for parking at ports has gotten insane.

Now we will either park off site with a shuttle or at a hotel that includes 7 days parking with one night stay and has shuttle to pier.

I know this isn't about Carnival 100% but it's the only cruise line I use. Has anyone ever drove to the port and Parked your car? Do you have issues getting out after the cruise is done?

We did it for our Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral this past May and from now on I'll drive whenever I can! Obviously we had to exit the ship a BIT later to let off those guests who had flights (especially earlier ones) but we were off the ship by maybe 9:50? Could have been earlier, and we took our sweet time at breakfast.

We have taken driven several times to Ft Lauderdale for cruises and parked in the covered parking area. When getting off the ship, we get a porter at the suit case, gathering area and they will put all the suit cases on a cart and take them directly to your car. What a blessing. It's worth several dollars since it is at least a block from the ship and some times up several floors. Definitely recommend this.

I've cruised from NOLA and Mobile. NOLA was a breeze getting in and out of the parking area. Mobile was a nightmare trying to get into the pier parking due to the very long lines; we were even made to turn around after we were told to wait in this line. We ended up parking at the Mobile Civic Center and taking the shuttle bus-it was less expensive to park there and would have been quicker. We will do this again when we cruise out of Mobile next May.

Drove to Miami port-only issue is we had to be one the last off as we did not fly in-was not a problem. Car was safe and sound in port parking lot. We even had a "bubble" on top, a nintendo and small tv in back (was way before hand held games!) and nothing was touched!

Archived