Sign and sail account question

smiles32617

Does anyone know if they charge your credit or debit card every time u use your sign and sail card? Or do they charge your credit or debit card just once at the end of the cruise?

Thanks in advance cruise buddies!

A hold is placed each day for that day's charges and then the total balance is processed at the end of the cruise and the daily holds slowly disappear.

If you use cash on your account, can you still get a Future Cruise Certificate?

We used a CC Card for our S&S account, but the FCC, was a separate purchase.

Meaning I used my S&S card to purchase it, but when I came home,

I had a charge for the FCC and a different Bulk charge for the Spending and Gratuities...

The $100 for the FCC never was on the S&S folio account on the TV.

So I think you can pay for it how ever it is that you pay for your S&S account.

Be it Cash, or Debit or CC...

A hold is placed each day for that day's charges and then the total balance is processed at the end of the cruise and the daily holds slowly disappear.

On a CC do the daily holds remain until after the total balance is processed? Sounds like even with a CC you need to have double what you spend avail on the card to account for both the hold and the total bill. Is this correct or do the holds disappear a few days after they are placed meaning that when they process the bill on day 7 there may only be a few days of holds left.

My CC does not have a huge limit and I am also going to be using it at 2 hotels prior to the cruise where they will also likely put holds on. Just trying to get an idea if I am better off with a cash account.

Does anyone know if they charge your credit or debit card every time u use your sign and sail card? Or do they charge your credit or debit card just once at the end of the cruise?

Thanks in advance cruise buddies!

Lump Sum. However they will do pending charges as you go.

We have gotten to where we just put Cash on our account and not a card because it can tie up funds that it will never use. We just check our card as we are on the ship and add cash. Keeps us on budget and keeps our spending 'real' for us.

Archived