Bed Head

ramby

Strange question but I am booking my 3rd cruise ever: Is the "head"/headboard of the bed always against the aft wall of the cabin and your feet forward? Or do you have to ride "backwards" with your head forward depending upon the room. Hope this post makes sense...

I have slept in a bed in every direction. Inside cabin on the left side of the ship has the head board up against the right side, Inside cabin on the right side of the ship as the headboard up against the left. When the beds face the front or back, it depends on where your door is located, your head board could be either toward the front or rear of the ship.

Hope that made some kind of sense.

OP....your question makes perfect sense. My DH really freaked out one cruise cause he was sleeping feet first going foreword! He swore his head was messed up the entire cruise! I just laughed at him and told him to have another drink! :D

LOL. I am sooooo your DH. Only I am worried that if I cruise "head first" I will be dizzy for the entire cruise!!!!!

LOL. I am sooooo your DH. Only I am worried that if I cruise "head first" I will be dizzy for the entire cruise!!!!!

ROFLMAO....thats what he said!!!! You 2 would really make a pair.

Me on the other hand...I'm out like a light when my head hits the pillow. I could sleep standing up! :D :eek: And thats without wine!!! ;)

There is always the option of putting your head at the foot of the bed! Might confuse your room attendant but it would keep your head from getting dizzy?:eek::D

OP....your question makes perfect sense. My DH really freaked out one cruise cause he was sleeping feet first going foreword! He swore his head was messed up the entire cruise! I just laughed at him and told him to have another drink! :D

I remember on Majesty and Monarch (oceanview cabins) the head of the bed was against the side of the ship under the porthole. What would your husband do in that situation? He would be sailing sideways. It was the same situation on the aft balcony cabins on Radiance, Rhapsody, and Legend. The head of the bed was against the wall, but the wall was perpendicular to the aft of the ship.

In our family, we refer to bed head as what happens to your hair during the night. My SIL has very short hair, but we've seen him after he gets up out of bed and he has the worst bed head of anyone I've ever seen. Now I'm wondering if it's because he is sleeping with his head on the wrong side of the cabin (LOL). :eek:

I remember on Majesty and Monarch (oceanview cabins) the head of the bed was against the side of the ship under the porthole. What would your husband do in that situation? He would be sailing sideways. It was the same situation on the aft balcony cabins on Radiance, Rhapsody, and Legend. The head of the bed was against the wall, but the wall was perpendicular to the aft of the ship.

Actually we have sailed that way a few times, it didn't bother him. :confused:

I've slept in both directions on a cruise. It does depend on which cabin as they tend to put cabins in pairs that mirror each other. You can't tell a dang thing when you are sleeping just as you can't tell when you're walking either unless you are looking out a window. I'm prone to motion sickness and it makes absolutely no difference to me. It's definitely all in his "head" lol.

I've slept in both directions on a cruise. It does depend on which cabin as they tend to put cabins in pairs that mirror each other. You can't tell a dang thing when you are sleeping just as you can't tell when you're walking either unless you are looking out a window. I'm prone to motion sickness and it makes absolutely no difference to me. It's definitely all in his "head" lol.

All in his head...no argument there!!!!! :D

This question does make you think. On the Explorer, our cabin was a balcony in the rear of the ship, so when we slept our feet was facing forward. This has been on others lines as well. When we had an interior, one bed the foot was facing forward, and the other, the person was laying so that their whole body was facing forward, or in the direction the ship was moving.

Strange question but I am booking my 3rd cruise ever: Is the "head"/headboard of the bed always against the aft wall of the cabin and your feet forward? Or do you have to ride "backwards" with your head forward depending upon the room. Hope this post makes sense...

I experience motin sickness when I sit facing backwards on a train or other moving vehicle. :( However, I've stayed in cabins with the head of bed facing forward, backwards, and sideways. I can feel the difference when sitting on the bed, but for some reason it doesn't bother me when I'm laying flat on the bed.

Is there any way to tell which way different cabins are oriented (i.e., headboard on forward or aft wall, or sideways)? I assumed RCCL would have a deck layout that shows this, but when I asked my TA which orientation our cabin had, he called RCCL and they told him they'd have to fax the ship to find out! I was hoping for a headboard on the aft wall, so that when we're at sea and I look out the window/balcony door, I'll see where we're going instead of where we came from. It's no big deal, I just recall feeling a bit disoriented with the opposite setup...

Archived