exact directions to ferry for caye caulker from dock?

dean45

Can anyone give me exact directions to the ferry from the dock - we are on the carnival glory 12/26 sailing and have been to belize 2x and have always wanted to try it but I need an exact direction and what is this about the time differnece? Is the ferry reliable?

THANKS!!!

Do your homework & look back on this site for posts by "NC Boys" I think their name is, where they have posted maps showing the exact walking directions to both of the water taxi locations.

The taxis are as dependable as they can be as this is the only inexpensive way to get to the Cays.

We took the closest water taxi this past April to & from Caye Caulker & it went well. No problems except some rain.

Or you could ride there & back with the Coral Breeze snorkel tour & save your walk to & from the Tourist village.

Have funn.

Bill in FL

We had exact directions but still needed to ask. It is so convoluted and crazy! When you leave the gate of tourisn village, there are tons of people all around you trying to sell you tours, etc and I couldn't think straight. Luckily a local man saw that we were confused and walked us there. Sure, he was doing it for a tip, which we happily gave him. It isn't too far but confusing. Maybe get directions but be prepared to look for a kind soul to walk you there.

Out the gate, turn left, stay on the sidewalk the same side as the Tourism Village. The ferry is just past the Tourism village before you get to the swing bridge. (Brown Sugar Mall dock) Look for the light blue and white sign over some orange colored buildings with a small circular drive way. A lot of construction.

Archived