Jimmy Buffet is ruining my vacations!

lla887

Ok the title maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but is anyone else sick of hearing Margaritaville on cruises, or any Jimmy Buffet song? I mean the guy's music is terrible!

Cruisers, especially on Carnival, are getting younger and younger. Can't the music reflect that? Trust me there is an entire generation of cruisers out there that really can't stand Jimmy Buffet music.

Please let cruises play more hip hop music, or at least rock and country that was recorded in the last twenty years.

p.s. That "Cruising" song by Huey Louis and Gweneth Paltrow is really awful too.

Love Jimmy Buffet. He does make new music. His newest came out at the end of last year (Buffet Hotel).

I think you will find a lot of people on CC that love him.

Everybody has different tastes! You can't please everybody. I would feel the same way if they played a lot of country. Hate it!!

Ok the title maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but is anyone else sick of hearing Margaritaville on cruises, or any Jimmy Buffet song? I mean the guy's music is terrible!

Cruisers, especially on Carnival, are getting younger and younger. Can't the music reflect that? Trust me there is an entire generation of cruisers out there that really can't stand Jimmy Buffet music.

Please let cruises play more hip hop music, or at least rock and country that was recorded in the last twenty years.

p.s. That "Cruising" song by Huey Louis and Gweneth Paltrow is really awful too.

Don't listen to Buffet at home, really don't want to while on a cruise.

I'm so sorry! We happen to love Jimmy Buffet, but to each their own:). I must be older than you.

Everyone has their own taste in music and my guess is that you will never find an entire ship full of people that likes every song that's played. I guess they do their best to play a variety of music (which DH and I happen to love). We listen to everything from Jimmy Buffet to Slipknot, but I don't think you will hear Slipknot being played on a ship.:D

here we are having a taste war. lol. i love the island music and buffett when i'm on vacation. helps make the atmosphere for me. i would hide in my cabin if all they played was hip hop which is just horrific to me...however, my kids would love it.

I'm so sorry! We happen to love Jimmy Buffet, but to each their own:). I must be older than you.

Everyone has their own taste in music and my guess is that you will never find an entire ship full of people that likes every song that's played. I guess they do their best to play a variety of music (which DH and I happen to love). We listen to everything from Jimmy Buffet to Slipknot, but I don't think you will hear Slipknot being played on a ship.:D

See to me Slipknot is wholesome compared to Jimmy Buffet. There is no doubt in my mind that history will recall Jimmy Buffet as one of the 20th century's greatest monsters ;).

You want to cruise to hip hop? Sorry as a Parrot Head you can never have too much Jimmy Buffett! WHY DON'T WE GET DRUNK AND .....? Just give me a Cheeseburger in Paridise and Margarittaville to wask it down with.

It's kinda like 5 O'Clock somewhere....bring it on....why not the Beach Boys....., Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty momma, Key Largo, Montego Baybe why don't we go...LOL..that's music

here we are having a taste war. lol. i love the island music and buffett when i'm on vacation. helps make the atmosphere for me.

Just what I was going to say! :) I don't listen to it at home, either, but on vacation, I love it! :cool:

Nope, and I also love the "Cruise with Me" song. ;)

It's kinda like 5 O'Clock somewhere....bring it on....why not the Beach Boys....., Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty momma, Key Largo, Montego Baybe why don't we go...LOL..that's music

I'm with you on the beach boys. They're awesome.

But mark my words Jimmy Buffet will eventually stand before a UN tribunal for his crimes against humanity .... Huey Louis too ... :p

A simple search reveals that data would refute your analysis and show your poor musical tastes. :p

http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/TopTourOfTheDecade.pdf

A simple search reveals that data would refute your analysis and show your poor musical tastes. :p

http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/TopTourOfTheDecade.pdf

Didn't your mama ever tell you that just because something is popular doesn't make it good? ;):p (I kid!)

You know what? I'm actually fine with the music on the ships. If I want to listen to my music, I have an iPod. Not everyone's musical tastes are going to align on these things. I think trying to please everyone all the time is a recipe for disaster.

I disagree. I like Jimmy Buffet while on a cruise or in the Caribbean. I also like steel drums. I like (LOVE actually) all things Caribbean and welcome them on a cruise to that location.

It would seem weird on a cruise to Alaska...but not the Caribbean. :D

Yeah, man, why can't they play more LCD Soundsystem and Animal Collective? Did you know the karaoke host usually only has two Clash songs?

I was looking for some Sigur Ros in the Karaoke Bar as I was trying to learn Icelandic through Rosetta Stone & see how I was coming along. That would be some great cruising music ;) But alas I got nothing.

Archived