Jimmy Buffet is ruining my vacations!

lla887

On a cruise last year, we heard 7 different versions of "Margaritaville" over the course of one day. Steel drum, piano bar, guitar guy in the bar, you name it. Enough already. I like to hear him while cruising, but does it just have to be that one song, repeated endlessly? I heard a rumor that Jimmy has actually written other songs too.

On a cruise last year, we heard 7 different versions of "Margaritaville" over the course of one day. Steel drum, piano bar, guitar guy in the bar, you name it. Enough already. I like to hear him while cruising, but does it just have to be that one song, repeated endlessly? I heard a rumor that Jimmy has actually written other songs too.

That's the thing with Buffett, it's the same five songs ad nauseum. I wouldn't mind it so much if they went a little deeper into his catalogue.

Dear lla887,

CC has a whole group of members who seem to take great joy when one of their threads really takes off.

I have no idea if you are one of these people. If you are - congradultions.

200 posts on Jimmy Buffet. WOW . Haven't been so impressed since the Bacon Police thread.

Seriously this is a great thread. More of these thread topics and less of rumrunner, elegant night clothing and

smoker vs non smoker threads

Shows how popular Jimmy is! Parrotheads UNITE!!

That's the tunes, on a cruise!!! I really want to relax and have fun. When the music comes on, my bootie starts to wiggle, my head bangs, and my heart sings, but most of all on the water my sole comes to life!! I think that is what Island music is all about, especially Jimmy Buffet. Come on relax while your on vacation, try something different, then go home to the norm!!!

I am a Parrothead, love anything Caribbean sounding. However recently in Belize they allowed a single steel drum local player near exit of gangway and he had played 1-1/2 songs all day! I think part of star spangled banner and a chorus of Margaritaville was the half--all day-- we would know having a balcony in earshot. Now that is repitition. Almost got to point I expected the real Margaritaville song to start with oh say can you see...

That's the tunes, on a cruise!!! I really want to relax and have fun. When the music comes on, my bootie starts to wiggle, my head bangs, and my heart sings, but most of all on the water my sole comes to life!! I think that is what Island music is all about, especially Jimmy Buffet. Come on relax while your on vacation, try something different, then go home to the norm!!!

Buffett is the norm everyday!:D XM channel 55

Everyone has different tastes in music, and they can't please everyone, which is why I bring my iPod on board....

The two songs I've been hearing a lot on cruises lately which MAKE NO SENSE TO ME are:

"There's Got To Be a Morning After", and....wait for it.....

"My Heart Will Go On."

REALLY??? MUST WE PLAY THOSE.TWO.SONGS????

:p

Everyone has different tastes in music, and they can't please everyone, which is why I bring my iPod on board....

The two songs I've been hearing a lot on cruises lately which MAKE NO SENSE TO ME are:

"There's Got To Be a Morning After", and....wait for it.....

"My Heart Will Go On."

REALLY??? MUST WE PLAY THOSE.TWO.SONGS????

:p

Yeah we once were embarking and upon entering atrium music was "the Titanic Song" now that is bizarre choice IMO.

here we are having a taste war. lol. i love the island music and buffett when i'm on vacation. helps make the atmosphere for me. i would hide in my cabin if all they played was hip hop which is just horrific to me...however, my kids would love it.

I second this. Depends on your age, I guess. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived