restrications of favors

audi02

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone heard of anyone's favors being turned away because they are a type of "food". We ordered individual drink packets with our names on it. I have about 100 individual (lemonade, coffee, tea, margarita mix) packets with our names on it. They are sealed individually. But I'm afraid customs will not allow me to bring them on board. They are already paid for and at my house. I didn't even think about them being food. Has anyone brought anything like this or heard of being turned away?

My wedding is in less than 2 weeks. I asked the lady when she did my final call, but she wasn't sure. She suggested I mail them if we get turned away. I'm not mailing a hundred packets.

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone heard of anyone's favors being turned away because they are a type of "food". We ordered individual drink packets with our names on it. I have about 100 individual (lemonade, coffee, tea, margarita mix) packets with our names on it. They are sealed individually. But I'm afraid customs will not allow me to bring them on board. They are already paid for and at my house. I didn't even think about them being food. Has anyone brought anything like this or heard of being turned away?

My wedding is in less than 2 weeks. I asked the lady when she did my final call, but she wasn't sure. She suggested I mail them if we get turned away. I'm not mailing a hundred packets.

Well...even though they are a food product...I think you will be ok because of what kind of food product it is. Carnival does allow guest to bring a small amount of personal beverages such as water, juice, soda, coffee grinds, etc. onboard...so that passes through Customs without a problem. Now, of course 100 packets aren't exactly a small amount, but they would clearly see they are favors if you have names printed on them. I really think you should be good to go, but only get your hopes up 99.9%...just incase you get that one "stickler" that wants to enforce the rule to the fullest extent.

We were on Royal Caribbean Independence of the Sea

as far as favors tho from what I have been told, and this was through customs not the cruise line, as long as it is sealed and fresh fruits or meats you should not have a problem with them.

Are you talking about regular packages of oreos or personalized? The candy bars we brought on were were personalized not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Archived