Question regarding cruise rewards.

triphopcooper

I just sailed with NCL for the first time 2 weeks ago on the Epic. The very first thing I did was place a $250 deposit for a future cruise to get the $100 obc. I know it was a little risky since I never sailed with NCL before and I didn't know what to expect. I have already used the $250 cruise reward to book a Mediterranean cruise in Oct, 2011. The question I have is if I book a February, 2012 cruise with NCL before my Oct, 2011 cruise and then pay another $250 while on the Oct, 2011 cruise to get the obc can I take the $250 and put it towards the remaining balance on the Feb, 2012 cruise? I hope I didn't confuse anyone.

I'll take a stab at this because I think I understand your question.

Look at your receipt from the original cruise reward - does it say anything about being able to use a cruise reward for final payment or does it say it can only be used for a deposit? That would be your answer.

We've used cruise rewards for all of our NCL cruises - I do not recall reading or hearing that the cruise reward can be used for anything other than a deposit.

That said, I would recommend that you pose your inquiry to your travel agent or to NCL directly.

Which med cruise are you going on? We're seriously considering booking the Med (again!!!) for next October as well. Don't forget to stop by the roll call - they're a great way to meet up with folks on the ship.

I just sailed with NCL for the first time 2 weeks ago on the Epic. The very first thing I did was place a $250 deposit for a future cruise to get the $100 obc. I know it was a little risky since I never sailed with NCL before and I didn't know what to expect. I have already used the $250 cruise reward to book a Mediterranean cruise in Oct, 2011. The question I have is if I book a February, 2012 cruise with NCL before my Oct, 2011 cruise and then pay another $250 while on the Oct, 2011 cruise to get the obc can I take the $250 and put it towards the remaining balance on the Feb, 2012 cruise? I hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Afraid you can't effectively use the same deposit to hold 2 cruises.... I have two cruises booked right now, and I still apparently have 1 more certificate left.... if you want to purchase it from me ($150.... ($250 - $100 I already had on board), so that you can use it as a deposit for your Feb 2012 cruise, I'd be willing to entertain that idea.... I'm not entirely sure how we'd do the logistics, but we could figure it out.

You can email me at c r u i s e b o y AT r o g e r s . c o m

More importantly, I'm guessing you enjoyed your first NCL cruise (given that you've booked another and are booking a 3rd...). Would love to see your review / comments.

Stephen

I'll take a stab at this because I think I understand your question.

Look at your receipt from the original cruise reward - does it say anything about being able to use a cruise reward for final payment or does it say it can only be used for a deposit? That would be your answer.

Which med cruise are you going on? We're seriously considering booking the Med (again!!!) for next October as well. Don't forget to stop by the roll call - they're a great way to meet up with folks on the ship.

I did look at the receipt and it appears as though it can only be used as a deposit and not used towards final payment.

I will be sailing on the Norwegian Epic on October 2, 2011 leaving from Barcelona with 3 stops in Italy and a Spanish Island then returning to Barcelona. You should join me.

Afraid you can't effectively use the same deposit to hold 2 cruises.... I have two cruises booked right now, and I still apparently have 1 more certificate left.... if you want to purchase it from me ($150.... ($250 - $100 I already had on board), so that you can use it as a deposit for your Feb 2012 cruise, I'd be willing to entertain that idea.... I'm not entirely sure how we'd do the logistics, but we could figure it out.

You can email me at c r u i s e b o y AT r o g e r s . c o m

More importantly, I'm guessing you enjoyed your first NCL cruise (given that you've booked another and are booking a 3rd...). Would love to see your review / comments.

Stephen

Stephen,

I have just sent you an email.

Adam

• 5 months later...

I booked a cruise for 2012 and only paid half the deposit with a promo.:D I'm going on a cruise in 2011 where I could pickup a reward but do you think it could be used for the second part of my 2012 cruise deposit?:confused: Thanks!;)

I booked a cruise for 2012 and only paid half the deposit with a promo.:D I'm going on a cruise in 2011 where I could pickup a reward but do you think it could be used for the second part of my 2012 cruise deposit?:confused: Thanks!;)

no it can only be used for a cruise booked after its date of sale. They are now very strict about this.

Is this a secret, or can you share with the rest that would like to know?

He sent me personal details, so that we could conduct a transaction, which we did, which was successfully completed.

Thanks for inquiring, though.

Stephen

• 1 year later...

I also have an extra certificate which I sadly won't be needing.

If you want to purchase it from me ($150 ... ($250 - $100 I already had on board) or £99... (it's worth £165 as deposit)) click on my member name for contact details.

The certificate is valid until 08/19/2015.

I have friends who had no problem putting their Cruise Rewards $250 towards the final payment for a cruise they had already booked. I suggest you ask your travel agent.

I have friends who had no problem putting their Cruise Rewards $250 towards the final payment for a cruise they had already booked. I suggest you ask your travel agent.

The original poster's question was dated in 2010-- so you're a little late!

I also have an extra certificate which I sadly won't be needing.

If you want to purchase it from me ($150 ... ($250 - $100 I already had on board) or £99... (it's worth £165 as deposit)) click on my member name for contact details.

The certificate is valid until 08/19/2015.

This is the newest reason for resurrecting this thread. :)

Archived