Card Player

sweetcookie

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The American Contract Bridge League site does not list Celebrity as having a bridge program.

Have you booked a cruise? If so, you might want to join the Roll Call for it. It is a place to meet others traveling with you. You might find some there.

To join, go to the boards menu and scroll down to Roll Calls. Click on your cruise line. Then click on your ship. Finally, click on the thread for your sailing.

Mr. Green, your answer is totally unproductive. I doubt if one bad director would get a program cancelled. Celebrity does not currently have a bridge program and I would think it has nothing to do with the ACBL.

It would be great if Celebrity brought bridge directors back, especially on cruises with a lot of sea days. This is one of the reasons we've been taking our longer cruises on other cruise lines.

Egg: Mr. Green's joke was merely referring to the hiring of a non-ACBL director and running a non-ACBL game hence no table fees to the ACBL. I thought it was rather funny and certainly had nothing to do with whether the director was good, bad, or indifferent.

For what it's worth, there are two agencies which control the ACBL blessed directors for cruise ships. I would well understand if a cruise line decided to look elsewhere.

Mr. Green, your answer is totally unproductive. I doubt if one bad director would get a program cancelled. Celebrity does not currently have a bridge program and I would think it has nothing to do with the ACBL.

It would be great if Celebrity brought bridge directors back, especially on cruises with a lot of sea days. This is one of the reasons we've been taking our longer cruises on other cruise lines.

A little humor and, a couple of little facts. Stayman, at that time was still alertable in the UK, and his Jacoby transfers were not sound.

While entertaining, I found him unproductive, to use your own term.

john

Does Celebrity Cruise line have a bridge program ?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You may care to post your question in the Celebrity forum as you may just find that there are people who do get together for casual bridge.

Archived