100% Agave and beach

cruisinaz

He said its going to be right on the Malecon, but exactly where, I don't know. :confused: I seem to remember someone else mentioning they knew where it was going to be, but I can't find the post anymore. Just ask your cab driver, and remember... don't ask the competition! :cool:

He said its going to be right on the Malecon, but exactly where, I don't know. :confused: I seem to remember someone else mentioning they knew where it was going to be, but I can't find the post anymore. Just ask your cab driver, and remember... don't ask the competition! :cool:

Thanks for the information!

I didn't know he was moving.

We were just there in January & he didn't mention it.

I have his email somewhere. I can ask him when I find it!

If I find out the location, I'll post it here.

Judy

I think it's a block or two south of where he is now. And I think it's before Pez Quadro, but may be wrong there. Steve at Tropicante will know. Just walk down (to your right facing the beach) the malecon from Sierra Street the cross street where his place is now. If you don't see it and reach Nohoch Kay, turn around and come back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just asking, how safe one would feel walking around the area as a single female with a young daughter looking for 100%? We will be there in April and from what everyone is saying, I think this would be a nice side trip after our boat tour (lunch and an hour or so at the beach). While I am not an overly protective/paranoid person, I don't want to feel unsafe and would feel better if there were plenty of other tourists around. Any advice would be helpful.

Just asking, how safe one would feel walking around the area as a single female with a young daughter looking for 100%? We will be there in April and from what everyone is saying, I think this would be a nice side trip after our boat tour (lunch and an hour or so at the beach). While I am not an overly protective/paranoid person, I don't want to feel unsafe and would feel better if there were plenty of other tourists around. Any advice would be helpful.

I walked the beach here by myself in January & felt very safe. The locals are friendly and while they are a little pushy, they leave you alone when you say "No, gracias". I am a more mature female (i.e. - older). I just can not bring myself to the point of saying old. My husband sat at 100% and had a few cold ones while I browsed the shops & stalls. There are plenty of tourists.

Judy

I would also feel safe. The place IS NOT off the beaten path and there are plenty of tourists, taxi drivers..just a lot of people around. Wish I was there now! :p

We just dined at 100% Agave last Friday in Costa Maya and wanted to confirm that the location has moved. I dutifully copied down the directions from this thread and went looking for it. Managed to find the old location, only to discover it was closed with a "we have moved" sign. If you're on the backstreets at the old location, just continue past the soccer field. It is slightly confusing now as the restaurant is shared with another restaurant (the other restaurant has its entrance on the back street, Fernando's entrance is on the Malecon) so when we entered we thought it was Fernando's. I asked if it was and the oh-so-helpful staff told me it was on the other end, but not open :rolleyes: at noon. Right. Walked right through (there is an outdoor dining area connecting the two restaurants) and found Fernando's, which had been right on the Malecon this whole time! You can eat upstairs, downstairs, or on the beach now.

Food was very good, though service was definitely lacking. After reading all the stories on here, I was expecting a really fantastic experience and great service. Service was slow, which I expected because the food was made to order. The staff wasn't very helpful and forgot about us for awhile before we ordered. We weren't greeted with welcome drinks or anything after our meal and felt forgotten most of the time. Fernando wasn't there, either, so maybe that explains it. The food, however, was wonderfully fresh, simple, and authentic. Easily one of my top Mexican food experiences. It's just unfortunate the service side didn't match.

New directions to Fernando's: stroll along the Malecon until you pass the large "plaza" or square. It's on your right immediately afterwards. Two story building with lots of wood and a small sign outside. Hope that helps some future visitors!

We just dined at 100% Agave last Friday in Costa Maya and wanted to confirm that the location has moved. I dutifully copied down the directions from this thread and went looking for it.

Infi - switching subjects - how was your HAL experience?

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has recently been to 100% Agave recently, and what you thought of them since they moved.

Is the service really slower?

Did you get the welcome drinks and after-dinner drinks?

Did you buy some of tequila to take back with you?

I was planning to go here, but the lack of posts since April has me wondering.

Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has recently been to 100% Agave recently' date=' and what you thought of them since they moved.

Is the service really slower?

Did you get the welcome drinks and after-dinner drinks?

Did you buy some of tequila to take back with you?

I was planning to go here, but the lack of posts since April has me wondering.

Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.[/quote']

We have not been there since they moved, but we were there in January.

That was our 3rd visit to 100% Agave.

Everything was wonderful and I can't imagine things changing just because they are in a new location. We did get our welcome drinks and drinks after we ate. We did not buy tequila this time, but we could have.

Slow service? I guess it depends on what you expect.

We like to relax and have a couple of drinks. Then we order lunch for a certain time & we go shop for a while.

When we get back, our food is brought out in a reasonable amount of time.

We are going back in January and we will beeline straight to 100% Agave!

Good Luck!

Judy

I found this on Trip Advisor:

one block over from the malecon just north of the soccer field, Mahahual, Mexico

It was still getting very good reviews this month and rated the 4th best restaurant in Costa Maya. European service (slow to us 'I want it now' Americans. I wonder what the best restaurant is?

I found this on Trip Advisor:

one block over from the malecon just north of the soccer field' date=' Mahahual, Mexico

It was still getting very good reviews this month and rated the 4th best restaurant in Costa Maya. European service (slow to us 'I want it now' Americans. I wonder what the best restaurant is?

[/size']

I went to Trip Advisor too.

The first 2 restaurants on the list are "All Inclusive".

The first one costs $40 a person.

Enough said.

I will still go see Fernando at his 100% Agave.

He is still the best in my book.

I understand that he now has a beach & lounge chairs (at no extra cost).

I will repost back after we visit him in January.

Judy

Going to give it a try in Sept. I'll report back in a couple of weeks. Sounds like a place that would be just our style!!

If you remember that it is laid back and slow, you will love it.

We like things that way. They do not try to move you out.

We usually spend most of the day there.

Fernando had us leave our beach bags when we went shopping.

He kept our table & watched our things!

Nice.

Judy

• 2 weeks later...

just got back from a cruise including Costa Maya. This was our second trip to Fernandos 100% Agave. Yes they are now on the beach. First timmers... go to the desk hidden in an ally in the shopping plaza, ask for the bus downtown ( this actually takes you to the beach). It is $3 per per person. Ask any of the shop owners where Fernando's place is. They will direct you. We tipped a guy to walk us there the first time. You are on a beach (think strip mall on the beach) It is 100% safe!! On the beach you can get a snorkel tour, a massage ( 20$ for half hour), rent a wave runner, etc.

At Fernando's we were greeted with a welcome cocktail, chips with salsa (hot) and a smile. This is a relaxed, take your time place. Don't think your gonna get out in an hour! We ordered 3 magaritas, a small shrimp ceviche, nachos big enough for 3, and an orange-mango fish fillet. Then we had another shot of tequilla, and a tequilla coffee shot. All of this for $33!!! we were a group of three, and let me tell you, I won't order so much next time, as the portions were huge. There is one cook, and he is cooking your meals just like mom would in the kitchen. Nothing is pre-prepared like an american restaurant, and you can taste the difference. WELL WORTH IT!!!!!

just got back from a cruise including Costa Maya. This was our second trip to Fernandos 100% Agave. Yes they are now on the beach. First timmers... go to the desk hidden in an ally in the shopping plaza, ask for the bus downtown ( this actually takes you to the beach). It is $3 per per person. Ask any of the shop owners where Fernando's place is. They will direct you. We tipped a guy to walk us there the first time. You are on a beach (think strip mall on the beach) It is 100% safe!! On the beach you can get a snorkel tour, a massage ( 20$ for half hour), rent a wave runner, etc.

At Fernando's we were greeted with a welcome cocktail, chips with salsa (hot) and a smile. This is a relaxed, take your time place. Don't think your gonna get out in an hour! We ordered 3 magaritas, a small shrimp ceviche, nachos big enough for 3, and an orange-mango fish fillet. Then we had another shot of tequilla, and a tequilla coffee shot. All of this for $33!!! we were a group of three, and let me tell you, I won't order so much next time, as the portions were huge. There is one cook, and he is cooking your meals just like mom would in the kitchen. Nothing is pre-prepared like an american restaurant, and you can taste the difference. WELL WORTH IT!!!!!

Hi,

It sounds like things haven't changed with Fernando - except the location.

We have always walked out to the street and caught a cab near Senor Frogs. The cost is still only 2 or 3 dollars per person. Cabs can't come into the area near the pier, but they can drop you off right at the pier when you return.

Judy

• 1 month later...

Archived