100% Agave and beach

cruisinaz

Posting here too:

Where do we go now? I was going to take our party of 8 there this coming week.

Like I mentioned on the other site, I would go thee if I were you.

Check it out IN PERSON.

No one has said that they went and it was closed up.

We were there on January 17 or 18 and he was open.

That is only 3 1/2 weeks ago.

We had a wonderful lunch and drinks.

He made no mention of closing down.

Report back here if you go.

Judy

Hello everyone who had been coming to Fernanado's for the past years. We are open with much of the same menu and staff and have added many more items to make it our own.

If you are planning on coming to 100% Agave, please come by and check out the place. We have some great new drinks to go with the old favorites. The seafood is fantastic with the finest fish and shrimp.

We have moved the kitchen to a better, American-standard kitchen with hot and cold running water, commercial ranges and fryers and we use fresh, purified water and purified ice.

We are also installing lockers, have kayaks and snorkel equipment and have added many more lounge chairs.

Fernando has built a great place and we hope to exceed your expectations. Our best wishes go to Fernanado and his next venture. I am sure it will be better than ever!

Thanks,

Robert and Cary Crowe

Big Papa's BBQ and Beach Break

I just returned from Costa Maya NCL Star sunday. I stayed at Tropicante with Steve when I learned that Fernando is no longer running 100% Agave. Steve also brought Fernando over to meet us and Fernando asked me to post that his name and rep. are being used and he is not happy about it. he is now running a liquor store on the block behind the strip.

I just returned from Costa Maya NCL Star sunday. I stayed at Tropicante with Steve when I learned that Fernando is no longer running 100% Agave. Steve also brought Fernando over to meet us and Fernando asked me to post that his name and rep. are being used and he is not happy about it. he is now running a liquor store on the block behind the strip.

I know that liquor store...that's where Fernando went to get a waterbottle for me so I could get some of his tequila one time. Also brought me back a Montejo and a Leon Negra, two smaller brand sof beer you don't see very often. Best to him. and kudos to Steve for bringing him around to see you. Nice guy!

Sad to say, all that it is true. We were in Costa Maya last Thursday February 21st and Fernando is gone. We still decided to stay but none of the charm that everyone described about Fernando's was there. No welcome drinks, no chips and salsa. The menu was for american BBQ that I could get in the states. And the prices were much more than I expected after hearing about all of Fernando's great deals. We heard that some americans came in and bought the place and I think it showed. We ended up not even eating and just having a few buckets of beer, they were 5 beers for $10 which was a good deal. Did some snorkeling off the beach, walked around and did some shopping but that was it. If we go back to Costa Maya I would definately try somewhere else. There was just nothing special about the place. It wasn't that it was bad. Our waiter Jose' was great. I just was expecting a lot more from all the stories I read about Fernando. I really wanted to try his tequila!

Archived