Best deck locations

slydplumber

Are you looking at inside, oceanview or balcony? We usually stay on lower deck to save money but on our next cruise we have booked a room on deck 10 with the big picture window-it is less than an oceanview on Main-deck 2. I think it will be nice being close to all the outside activities. On the Dream, we were at the front of the ship on Main deck. We were right below the stage area but we never heard any noise at all from the shows. Let me know if you have any more questions. Is this your first cruise. Since our first cruise, our children never wanted to go back to Myrtle Beach. Any deck on the ship is better than no cruise at all.

I like to book a cabin that is located on a floor inbetween other stateroom floors, so 2 under the pool deck and 2 over the shopping gallery. The pool deck/buffet areas can get noisy with people on the deck all day/night, pool chairs being put out/taken in, and the staff getting the buffets ready for breakfast and then cleaning up after dinner.

We always take a cabin on the highest level we can go. Being over the dining area or pool area has never been a problem for us. Although I have heard other people complain that they heard deck chairs being moved when the crew was cleaning the deck or noise when the whirl pool has been cleaned, etc. Of course we never book a cabin over a lounge or kitchen gallery just in case these areas would be loud during the late night hours.

I lucked out, I have a stateroom on the Empress deck, rooms below and above me, but the big plus to me, is that it's in the middle of the ship and close to the elevators. I have a problem walking, so I can get to either end easy.

Melanie

Of course, if it was at the front, or the rear of the ship, I'll be almost just as happy!!

Melanie

I liked being on the Lido deck. We never ordered room service because walking over to the self-serve eating area for breakfast/lunch/snack or a refill on water, lemonade, or iced tea was so convenient. If we forgot something in the cabin when we were at the pool areas -- no problem! When booking last time, we chose the category and allowed Carnival to choose the cabin. We will pay extra next time to be on/near Lido on our next cruise.

Archived