Email from P&O

rkmw

i received this email last night about p&o and no winter cruises from NZ

P&O Australia have stopped the automatic gratuities (tipping) for all passengers travelling from the 1st October 2010. I would however suggest if you have a cabin steward that goes the extra mile you may want to give them a little something to say thank you for all their hard work.

The next piece of P&O news is regarding documentation. P&O have made the shift to e-Ticketing which is inline with most major cruise lines. You will now be able to download and print your documentation from Cruise Personaliser 70 days out from departure. All P&O Australia cruises departing on and after the 18th of December 2010 will be using the e-Ticketing system.

P&O's 2012 winter program has just been released and will go live on our website next week. The most interesting aspects of this release is that the Pacific Jewel and Pacific Pearl will call Sydney home and the Pacific Dawn and Pacific Sun will call Brisbane home. As a result there will be no 2012 winter cruise season from Auckland

Interesting, thanks for that. It's understandable given the discounts that have been apparent.

That said, I'd say they'll still do sailings out of other ports as they did this season, so I'd expect you will still be able to sail out of other ports like Auckland.

P&O's 2012 winter program has just been released and will go live on our website next week. The most interesting aspects of this release is that the Pacific Jewel and Pacific Pearl will call Sydney home and the Pacific Dawn and Pacific Sun will call Brisbane home. As a result there will be no 2012 winter cruise season from Auckland

Hmm, does it actually say anywhere that there'll be no winter cruises out of Auckland??? I'd be very surprised if they didn't have a ship over there for at least part of the winter season.

The current brochures for Australia don't include any cruises out of NZ - they are in a seperate brochure that is only available in New Zealand. We only have it because we picked up the brochure when we were in NZ.

They are tending to market the NZ cruises and AUS cruises seperately these days.

If this is true (I’ve not received any e-mail from P&O while we where away) then it would be a BIG mistake for P&O! and would suck as well :mad: , as most of the time June / July time is when we normally go on a cruise.

It will be interesting to see what happens!! and if this is true then I hope another cruise line jumps in!.

Archived