poll... e-cigs & where they should be allowed

newcatintown

e-cigs... yes, no, otherwise?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. e-cigs... yes, no, otherwise?

• Yes, allow e-cigs in all venues
    • No, keep them in 'smoking' areas only
    • Other?

Obviously I'm talking about the e-cigs that contain nicotine. An e-cig that doesn't have a nicotine cartridge.....wouldn't expel nicotine! :)

And if someone asks you, you can always tell them that your e-cig is nicotine free.

Just curious...why vape flavors w/o nicotine? Does it just help with that hand to mouth thing when quitting?

because I am rationing what I have till Tues as I wrote, My goal is to get down to zero nicotine

why i would want to vape non nicotine is really non of your business

because I am rationing what I have till Tues as I wrote, My goal is to get down to zero nicotine

I really hope this person doesn't turn this ugly, as I have so much appreciated the info I've gotten here, and looking forward to a huge change in my life. And you're right, how you vape is no ones business :)

I've really learned a whole new vocabulary this weekend :eek:

I would like to know what they taste like. I asked earlier and one of the gals described hers, but she uses the menthol ones. I don't smoke menthol, so wouldn't want to buy a menthol e-cig. What do the regular ones taste like (not the fruity ones)? The one I tried a year ago did not taste like a cigarette and made me ill. I haven't tried one since.

I never really found one that was close to a real cigarette. More of a fresh tobacco flavor. Like you, I never smoked menthols but my daily vape of choice is a half menthol half cinnamon concoction. All my other flavors are gathering dust.

It's been 8 weeks, 3 days, 19 hours and 57 mins since my last real cigarette.

Thanks for replying. I'm hoping other folks will, too. I might give it another try. The one I tried was just so nasty. Made me nauseous, too. It didn't taste anything like tobacco. Had a horrible chemical taste to it. I don't want to waste my money if that's the way they all taste.

LOL, thank you!! I've been on there most of the day, reading, reading, reading.

That's where I went to learn about them. They are so supportive about everything. No one posts anything other then encouragement.

That's where I learned what I needed to get me through till Tuesday.

You should watch the video's on e-cigs for newbies

That's where I went to learn about them. They are so supportive about everything. No one posts anything other then encouragement.

That's where I learned what I needed to get me through till Tuesday.

You should watch the video's on e-cigs for newbies

There is a butt load of info there :eek: I ordered the 150, 5 liquids and a case at what I thought was a very reasonable price. And they are very supportive, loved it. I'm not expecting miracles, and will probably backslide at some point, BUT I feel I have a handle on what my specific issues are, and the e-cig addresses all of them. I'm not going to ask you to wish me luck, because I already know you do :)

E-ciggs are a great thing for smokers that need to quit and want to enjoy a vape. Win Win..... They say the French toast is good. thats in my order and more good flavors.

I only went with one flavored - cappacino (i know, spelled wrong), but didn't want to get too cocky at the get-go. I'll try other flavors once I become comfortable with it :), although my ultimate goal is to put the habit to bed forever.

I only went with one flavored - cappacino (i know, spelled wrong), but didn't want to get too cocky at the get-go. I'll try other flavors once I become comfortable with it :), although my ultimate goal is to put the habit to bed forever.

Before you know it you will have a plethora of juices in your arsenal. I would recommend buying in 5ml quantities until you find your favorites.

Wow, how rude. I'm asking an honest question, if vaping non-nicotine helps smokers eventually taper down their nicotine usage. I happen to have quite a few friends that smoke, that have tried quitting multiple times.

I think the attitude of people like you, is why some people paint all smokers with the same brush.

I think it's so IRONIC that we, who chose to 'vape' (most of us, because we know how harmful real smoking is), are relegated to be stuck with the 'smokers'! Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Come on people, use a little common sense will ya. When I smoked 'analog' cigarettes I was very conscious of where I smoked knowing how awful 2nd hand smoke affects others. I wouldn't even consider 'vaping' if I truly didn't believe that there is no smell or harm to any one else. E-Cigs are definitely a step in the right direction. Like others have suggested, please educate yourself before making a decision.

I think it's so IRONIC that we, who chose to 'vape' (most of us, because we know how harmful real smoking is), are relegated to be stuck with the 'smokers'! Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Come on people, use a little common sense will ya. When I smoked 'analog' cigarettes I was very conscious of where I smoked knowing how awful 2nd hand smoke affects others. I wouldn't even consider 'vaping' if I truly didn't believe that there is no smell or harm to any one else. E-Cigs are definitely a step in the right direction. Like others have suggested, please educate yourself before making a decision.

Can you please tell me how you "trust" there is no expelled nicotine?

Wow, how rude. I'm asking an honest question, if vaping non-nicotine helps smokers eventually taper down their nicotine usage. I happen to have quite a few friends that smoke, that have tried quitting multiple times.

I think the attitude of people like you, is why some people paint all smokers with the same brush.

No it's uninformed people who judge things they no nothing about. That is rude, I was explaining to you that I was vaping non nicotine and had already explained why.

When I smoked analog cig which was 5 day's ago. I abided by all the rules that surround them. You are passing judgement on something you do not know anything about. We have the world wide web and google does work.

or you could go here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ and learn everything I think you need to know

I'm a smoker and I didn't see one thing wrong with your question. You are correct, it's the hand/mouth thing, plus the inhaling. I quit one time for quite a while using Chantix. I also used a Nicotrol Inhaler. The inhaler was plastic and it had nicotine in it, but didn't use a battery nor did you have to light it. When the cartridge ran out of nicotine, I still puffed on the inhaler, even though there was nothing in it. Just had to have something to suck on. I've heard that some people say to use straws. It's all of the above. It's not easy.

Can you please tell me how you "trust" there is no expelled nicotine?

IMHO if any nicotine is released in any of the vapor we exhale it is nothing compared to the tar, and hundreds of chemicals (including cyanaid) etc released in 'analog' cigarettes. Nor is it anything compared to the thousands of caustic chemicals each and everyone of us inhales in our normal daily lives just walking out the front door. Nicotine is a stimulant just like caffeine is. There is 'logically' no comparison to the dangers released with the smoke from cigarettes than there is with the 'vapor' released from e-cigs.

We had a big house/pool party today for precruise fun

only 2 gals from my group are smokers...and they had to go out front and smoke away from the house/pool etc

I told them about the e-cigs....

and am sending them and the few other people I know who still smoke the

info to the "forum"

They are really really interested, I have even offered to go to the mall with them for "support" and maybe they can get a kit before they cruise

One of them really really needs to stop...she was on our other cruise and coughs and gets out of breath and has so many problems. She JUST had a bunch of tests, docs say she has some "polyps" in her lungs they are "watching", very near her heart, bad place!

this could be a godsend

I read here that the "mall" ones are not as good but maybe a starter kit and then they can figure it out from there??

Sawgrass Mills Mall has "Smoking Everywhere" Kiosks and ? some other I think? The salespeople there are "vaping" away!!

We cruise in 17 days

I'm a smoker and I didn't see one thing wrong with your question. You are correct, it's the hand/mouth thing, plus the inhaling. I quit one time for quite a while using Chantix. I also used a Nicotrol Inhaler. The inhaler was plastic and it had nicotine in it, but didn't use a battery nor did you have to light it. When the cartridge ran out of nicotine, I still puffed on the inhaler, even though there was nothing in it. Just had to have something to suck on. I've heard that some people say to use straws. It's all of the above. It's not easy.

Thank you. I have a few older friends as well, that have found it REALLY difficult...they've been smoking for 50+ years, when it was considered "healthy". I've been trying to turn them onto the e-cig, because their doctor just told them to use patches and "suck on a carrot". :(

Thank you. I have a few older friends as well, that have found it REALLY difficult...they've been smoking for 50+ years, when it was considered "healthy". I've been trying to turn them onto the e-cig, because their doctor just told them to use patches and "suck on a carrot". :(

Whoa, wait a minute.... Your anti e-cig, and now you're pro????:confused::eek:

Which way is it?

Archived