C&A coupons. Crucon not accepting them.

Murphy,

When is your cruise, and to where? I hesitate to ask pricing, as that is a little rude.

We are still faxing in the coupon to RCCL tomorrow, will let you know the outcome.

Hello Everyone..

I think if you are having problems, I would call and ask for a Manager... I would stop talking about it or assuming anything and get your facts straight..I don't want to sound mean but instead of wondering just find out.

I have had no problem w/ CruCon, and if i don't understand something I CALL,

Happy Cruisin'

SAllY

Several people booked on the upcoming Royal Hounds group cruise on the Mariner used C&A discount coupons with Crucon with no problem.

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

GROUP BOARD FOR ROYAL HOUNDS ON CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 9/17/05

PRICING & BOOKING INFO FOR CARIBBEAN PRINCESS

Group board for the Royal Hounds 9/19/04

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

Miracle 2/13/05, Royal Hounds 9/19/04, Conquestadors 1/11/04,

Glory Hounds 9/13/03, Triumph 1/03, Fascination 5/02

royalsmallwide.gif

licenseplate.jpg

Thanks to all those who responded to the use of C & A coupons with cruisequick.com.

West Coast,

Thank for you for the link.

Murphyputts,

Unless you dont have it set up all your email sent and read are saved on your computer once you send them or open an email. I cant think of the file name at the moment but I think you will find it on AOL when you click on File at the top left corner.

Larry

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Repositioning cruise thru the canal on RCCL Radiance 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2005;04;09;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Southern Caribbean on Celebrity Constellation 4/9/05

I also had a problem with Crucon not accepting C & A coupons on two cruises I booked (one for April 2003 and one for August 2003). Both times the TA told me that the coupon would be accepted. Both times I learned it would not be accepted AFTER I made final payment. I no longer use CruCon.

On the first cruise, the coupon wasn't credited when I got the final confirmation after making final payment. I called the TA at CruCon who said that he didn't get it and I since I didn't have a copy, I would have to contact RCL directly to see what to do. So I called RCL and they applied the coupon discount directly to my cruise. Since this was after final payment was made, I expected that the credit would be put back on my credit card. (RCI also told me this) It was not credited to my credit card and after a few months, I contacted RCL who told me they had sent the credit back to CruCon in the form of a check. CruCon had NEVER called to tell me this. At approximately the same time as I received the information from RCL, I received the final confirmation for the second cruise and, even though I sent in the C&A coupon (making a copy this time), it wasn't reflected on the statement.

I called the TA for both issues. For the first cruise, he claimed he didn't remember my using a C&A coupon or telling me to call RCL. He said I would have to talk with a manager. On the second cruises, he claimed that the cruise was already discounted and the coupon wouldn't be accepted. (It was not a group cruise--it was a cruise listed for sale on their websites. )I reminded him that he said it would and he denied that.

So I spoke to a manager about both issues. She claimed that both cruises were discounted and Crown and Anchor coupons wouldn't be accepted--notwithstanding my assertion that the TA had said it would. I didn't have any proof and she wouldn't accept my word for it. When I told her that RCI had said they mailed a check for the discount on the first cruise, she denied that at first. I gave her all of the information RCI gave me about the check (date sent, date cashed, etc.). She subsequently found the check amount but still refused to send me back the entire amount, instead taking a commission from the amount and eventually refunding the rest.

Since i had already made final payment on the second cruise, it was too late to cancel. I didn't sent in the coupon I had directly to RCI because I didn't want CruCon to get the check.

I told the manager that I wouldn't be using CruCon because of this situation. She told me that it was my decision whether or not to use them--she obviously didn't care about losing business. So I haven't used CruCon since-- now having booked four cruises since that time, two with cruise lines that didn't use coupons.

So if you use CruCon and your TA claims to accept C&A coupons, get it in writing so you'll stand a chance later on trying to get the credit if they later claim the cruise is "too discounted". Also, try to get an updated initial confirmation so you'll know whether the coupon was applied before you get to final payment date. Because if you try sending the coupon in directly after final payment date, you may not get the credit back--it may go back to CruCon by check.

If ANY TA is telling you they won't/can't take your C&A coupon, it's their own choice and NOT Royal Caribbeans. I've booked numerous cruises with RCI (groups and individual res) and have NEVER seen one rate that did not allow you to use a C&A coupon.

As far as mailing the coupon in yourself, yes, it can be done and will definitely be taken off the price. If you are going to send it, send it overnight w/ tracking. There is one problem with this when you're dealing with an agency that's refusing to take your coupon, there's no guarantee they will still give you that discount. Just because RCI lowers the price you owe, doesn't mean the agency you're dealing with will.

I have used Crown & Anchor Coupons on numerous cruises I have booked online, including Expedia and Travelocity. I always complete the information on the back of the coupon, sign it and mail it directly to the RCI address in Miamia on the back of the coupon. The full face value of the coupon is then deducted from the final balance due. I have done this even with Best Price Cruises who will only give you a percentage of the face value if you send it to them.

You must submit it before final payment is due. I send it immediately after I book the cruise online.

I've used C&A coupons with CruCon on my last 3 cruises. I didn't have to send them the coupons, just gave them the coupon number over the phone. No hassle at all! I guess it's all who you deal with at CruCon

Tom Mulligan

Cruise Addict

Monarch of the Seas 6/02

Monarch of the Seas 4/03

Enchantment of the Seas 7/03

Sovereign of the Seas 12/03

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04 *Voyager of the Seas 7/04 *Navigator of the Seas 12/04

You are certainly lucky that you found a TA at CruCon that is taking the coupons because in my case it wasn't just a TA who was refusing, it was the CrucCon MANAGEMENT who also refused--only grudging agreeing to reimburse me for the coupon that RCI had already paid them--but only after deducting a commission. To mean, this speaks volumes about the company.

Just hope the CruCon mangement doesn't find out what your TA is doing or they may put a stop to it.

RCI also confirmed to me that the coupons were eligible to be used on the fares I had booked. The travel agency was the one refusing to take them.

I respect travel agencies who tell you up front they won't take the coupons or will take off a percentage for commission in that at least they are being up front and you can decide whether the price you are getting is worth it. It is another matter entirely when the travel agency tells you they will take the coupon and then won't or takes a commission.

I'm just so puzzled by this because we had no problems using the C&A coupons with Crucon...as recently as in the past few weeks.

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

licenseplate.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Just hope the CruCon mangement doesn't find out what your TA is doing or they may put a stop to it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The person who handles our groups at Crucon is a member of the management. I am very sorry you had such difficulties with them.

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

licenseplate.jpg

Pammyhound, I don't know why CruCon took the position with me and with the original poster and is not taking the same position with you. It has certainly cost them future cruise business from me. I would post the name of the TA and the member of the management staff I talked with, but I know that is not allowed on these boards. I believe I can tell you that the manager I talked with is female and it is my understanding that she was the manager of the accounting/billing department.

We had used a "brick and mortar" TA for many years and liked the service we received, although the pricing was not really discounted except by coupons or cruise line membership level status. I kept reading on these boards about how easy it was to use an on-line TA and how much more inexpensive it was. So we decided to try an on-line TA and booked through Best Price Cruises. Although I found their price to be good, they did not accept the C&A coupons nor give the platinum balcony discount. (I didn't realize that I could just send the coupon in myself as DChabira indicates--good advice for future reference, thanks)

So when we were booking our next cruise, I did some more research, including information from these boards, and booked with CruCon, for actually two cruises, not just one. After the issue arose with CruCon and I received the management response I did, I determined that I would not use them again. So we have booked our next four cruises with KimsKruises--again, thanks to the advice on these boards. We are delighted with how KimsKruises has handled our bookings (and the follow up on the two of these cruises we have already taken) and believe we received a good price. Plus that agency accepts the C&A coupons and gives the platinum balcony discount without taking any commission on coupons. We are already planning to book our next cruise with KimsKruises--she is just waiting until the pricing for the August 05 Rhapsody comes out to make the booking.

So Pammyhound, you should tell your management contact at CruCon that they have missed the booking on five cruises from us because of how we were treated on this issue. (Given our membership level in Crown and Anchor, Captains Circle, and Mariner Society, I would have thought CruCon might have been more anxious to keep our business. I know the "brick and motar" TA we had been using has been trying to get it back, but she can't compete with the price we get from KimsKruises, who also has excellent service).

Archived